Jabbroid allows you to take your XMPP/Jabber account on the road. It has many features like avatar support, geoloc, multi user chats and many more.
· Chat state notification: See when you contacts are typing or have left the chat.
· vCard based avatars: Jabbroid can fetch the avatar from your friends vCards. You can limit this function to WiFi.
· User avatar: Jabbroid also supports avatars which are published via PEP and displays them to you.
· Entity capabilities: This little spec helps to reduce traffic while service discovery
· XMPP Ping: Let others “ping” your client.
· Software version: Let others discover what client you are using.
· Stream compression: Let Jabbroid compress the traffic between the server and your phone.
· Multi user chat: Jabbroid supports basic operations for multi user chats
· Delayed delivery: When you receive a message with delay you can see the time when the message was sent
· User location: Publish your location via PEP and let your friends know where you are
· Private XML Storage. Access your bookmarks to multi user chats easily
· Encryption via TLS
· Easy interface. You can “swipe” between several views and between open chats
· Roster Versioning: Reduces time and amount of data to login you into the server
· Multitouch in map view
· User Nickname: If your contacts don’t have already a meaningful nickname Jabbroid adds a meaningful name to your contacts if they announce one
· OTR support
· Create and delete multi user chat bookmarks
· Very efficient background service
· Backup of settings to the SD and to the cloud on Android 2.2
· Installable to the SD
What's New in This Release:
· This version contains some bug fixes, some performance optimizations and one revamped feature. The most important thing for an instant messaging client on a mobile phone is to stay connected and handle connection errors. In the past Jabbroid had to set the number of retries Jabbroid uses to reestablish the connection. But if you think this through, this doesn’t make sense. The user doesn’t care how often his im client tries to reestablish the connection. All he wants is that his im client does reestablish the connection as soon as it is possible. And Jabbroid does now give the user what he wants. Instead of of specifying the amount of reconnection retries you can now tell Jabbroid to “Stay Connected” in the settings. This option is already the default. Only in cases where authentication issues occur (ie. your account was removed from the server) or the server isn’t capable of handling your request (i.e. overloaded or misconfigured) Jabbroid will stop to connect and inform you about what is going on.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x
Android jChat Android jChat is a Location Based Chat application that provides a good example of peer-to peer application aimed at proving the power of adding JADE agent capabilities to the ANDROID Platform
CaringBridge CaringBridge makes it easy to stay connected to your loved ones. CaringBridge for Android makes it easy to stay connected to your loved ones while you're on-the-go
XtreMePP Besides being a chat client XtreMePP is designed for integration with other applications like LedEffects. Incoming messages are broadcasted so that other apps can react on incoming messages. XtreMePP is an open client and of course is open source
Meebo IM We had to remove support for Facebook, sorry for the inconvenience! We'll try to re-add later! Meebo is a totally free IM app. Chat with friends on AIM MSN Yahoo MySpace Google Talk Jabber and ICQ
In call In call - is a useful application which will extend of options incoming call. It is handy to use this application while driving when you need to ignore the call and send a message without being distracted from a driving process. You can also return the incoming call with one fast tap
XLive XLive is a 3-in-1 Internet tool. It has an integrated RSS reader, multi-protocol messenger as well as email client with SSL support.
Chating withs friend using different protocols (ICQ, GTalk).
Reading news via RSS feeds.
Sending and reading e-mails via IMAP, POP3, SMTP and SSL protocols
Other Software by developer «Till Klocke»:
Comments on Jabbroid:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Jabbroid supports it