The main list implements "kinetic scrolling". You can drag your finger across the screen and the page follows along, as if you were pushing the content around. If you lift your finger while the screen is moving, it will continue to move for some time, as if you "threw" the content in that direction.
Action menus are located to the sides of the main menu. So if you drag the list to the left or right, you will see the a menu of actions beside the list.
The left menu items are "global" and do not reference a specific tweet. This includes updating your status, switching timelines, etc.
The right menu items relate to a specific tweet. Select a tweet from the list, then scroll to the right menu and choose the action you want to perform on that tweet.
· A unique user interface
· Works on VGA, QVGA and SmartPhone devices
· Support for multiple twitter and identi.ca accounts
· User groups to help manage your friends updates
· "Conversation View" shows a what this status was in reply to.
· Uses standard notifications to alert you of new friends statuses or replies
· Keeps an addressbook to easily add usernames to posts.
· URL shortening with is.gd
· Integration with shorttext.com for tweets longer than 140 characters
· Take photos and send to TwitPic, mobypicture, pikchur, twitgoo, or yfrog
· Preview images from those services without a browser.
· Integrated search.twitter.com
· Quote (re-tweet) or email a status
· Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
· Option to check for new version on startup
What's New in This Release:
· Today plugin numbering
· Today plugin starting up PockeTwit
· More version info set correctly. Related to startup problems.
· Today plugin inserted into regular installation (2nd attempt)
· Changed avatar size, little smaller looks better and longer tweets will fit.
· Fix for startup problems regarding saved searches.
· Cleanup corrupt data from registry and database.
· Size of tweet changed in display
· Changed api calls from replies to mentions.
· And some other fixes on deprecated api calls
What's New in 0.85:
Some work has been done to fix to major bugs in PockeTwit:
· Posting updates on Non-Touch screen devices
· Hangups during startup
There is one new feature though, a new way of authenticating for Twitter: · Verification for Twitter through xAuth. This means no more going to a website, but just PockeTwit doing all the authentication for you.
What's New in 0.84: Uploading media:
· Video and file uploads now supported (Posterous, Moby and YFrog)
· Internal modifications to attachment upload process which should increase reliability.
· Posterous supports uploading from files generated by HTC Voice Recorder app, MP3 files etc – similar use to AudioBoo.
· If an upload type is not supported by the selected media service, Posterous will be used for other types (e.g. using TwitPic as Picture service will select Posterous for videos and files).
· Posterous uses revised error handling code which should give better feedback on upload errors.
Timeline & Statuses:
· View your own send direct messages.
· Avatar cache no longer scales images up – should marginally improve image quality and reduce cache size on large screens
· Changes to behaviour of post update window address list, including: Username is now inserted where the cursor is, rather than at the end of the text, when selecting from drop-down list; Reply to all now works consistently; Usernames with digits and underscores are now supported
· Should crash less, thanks to modified error handling – 40% of crashes should no longer occur.
· More diagnostic information sent with crash reports.
· Some other crashes also fixed
· New version of .NET Compact Framework 3.5, which may help with connection issues –> needs to be installed manually
· Today plugin should update even when PockeTwit is not running
· Preparatory work for revised timeline layout on large screens
What's New in 0.83: Major changes:
· User interface changes in Post update form - dynamically configures to screen size/on-screen keyboard
· Revised theme icons
· Compact Framework version check
· Main application icons updated for high resolution phones
· Strange dialog behaviour should all be fixed
· Fixed potential crashes and memory problems with internet connections
· Notifications on saved searches now work again
· Reply all
· Upped maximum tweets
· Removed unused surplus code.
· streamlined OAuth a bit
· Reduced installer size
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard
PicoBlogger PicoBlogger - Now, blogging from your phone is easier than ever. Whether you use Blogger, LiveJournal or Wordpress with PicoBlogger 3, you can publish and download videos, photos, and audio files. Turn AutoBlogger on, to experience one-click mobile blogging
OctroTalk (Pocket PC) OctroTalk (Pocket PC) - OctroTalk is a Mobile Instant Messaging software with full voice integration. This always-on product keeps you connected with your buddies, and your buddies reach you whenever, wherever. Works seamlessly over GPRS/EDGE/CDMA/Wifi/Bluetooth data connections, and cuts down your phone bills
OtM-Blogger (On-the-Move Blogger) OtM-Blogger (On-the-Move Blogger) - On-the-Move Blogger is a software written in C#/MFC that allows blogs to be written offline on Windows Mobile phones and the content to be uploaded to Blogger web page once the internet connection is available.
The software has two version: Free version & Human-ware version
Windows Live Mobile Windows Live Mobile Get access to your favorite Windows Live programs and features, right from your Windows Mobile phone. With Windows Live for Windows Mobile, it's almost like having your PC in your pocket. You can even download and sync your contacts from your Windows Live account to your mobile phone
LinkedIn LinkedIn - This application brings your LinkedIn account to your Window Mobile powered phone.
· Network updates
· See your profile.
· Browse your own connections.
· See the profile of your connections.
· Search for people by name.
· Update your own status
ServiceTwitterdings ServiceTwitterdings - ServiceTwitterdings is a service call publisher program that places your calls on Twitter and also deletes the call from Twitter (deletes tweet) when you remove a item from the database. You can make categories and for each category you can add calls. When you add a call the program will update your Twitter.com account
FacebookBluetooth FacebookBluetooth sends your Facebook page link via bluetooth to another bluetooth device. Set your name and FaceBook User Name in the 'Options' on the toolbar and tap save. When you tap on the 'Bluetooth' button the program will send your profile card as a text file via bluetooth
SupertweetTweeter SupertweetTweeter - SupertweetTweeter allows you to update/view and delete your Twitter.com Tweets via SuperTweet.net. Once you register your Twitter.com account on SuperTweet.net and get a password enter the password (with your Twitter user name) and the program will bypass Twitter.com oAuth. This service is provided by SuperTweet
SmartTouch Mobile SmartTouch is a mobile widget platform that provides an exceptional experience for users to enjoy seamless access to branded content and services such as Facebook and Google without the need for a data plan!
weets Near Me weets Near Me-Mobile lets you see real-time postings of Twitter tweets as they happen around you - right on your phone!
Search or browse all Twitter postings near you! Tweets Near Me Mobile uses your cell phone's tower data to determine your location - so it works even if you do not have GPS!
Best of all..
Other Software by developer «Jake Stevenson»:
PocketPC MPD Client PocketPC MPD Client - A MPD client for the PocketPC that displays current song information and allows the user to manipulate playlists.
# Album art fetched from Amazon in the background
# Kinetic scrolling on all lists.
# Gesture-based control