The main list implements "kinetic scrolling". You can drag your finger across the screen and the page follows along, as if you were pushing the content around. If you lift your finger while the screen is moving, it will continue to move for some time, as if you "threw" the content in that direction.
Action menus are located to the sides of the main menu. So if you drag the list to the left or right, you will see the a menu of actions beside the list.
The left menu items are "global" and do not reference a specific tweet. This includes updating your status, switching timelines, etc.
The right menu items relate to a specific tweet. Select a tweet from the list, then scroll to the right menu and choose the action you want to perform on that tweet.
· A unique user interface
· Works on VGA, QVGA and SmartPhone devices
· Support for multiple twitter and identi.ca accounts
· User groups to help manage your friends updates
· "Conversation View" shows a what this status was in reply to.
· Uses standard notifications to alert you of new friends statuses or replies
· Keeps an addressbook to easily add usernames to posts.
· URL shortening with is.gd
· Integration with shorttext.com for tweets longer than 140 characters
· Take photos and send to TwitPic, mobypicture, pikchur, twitgoo, or yfrog
· Preview images from those services without a browser.
· Integrated search.twitter.com
· Quote (re-tweet) or email a status
· Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
· Option to check for new version on startup
What's New in This Release:
· Today plugin numbering
· Today plugin starting up PockeTwit
· More version info set correctly. Related to startup problems.
· Today plugin inserted into regular installation (2nd attempt)
· Changed avatar size, little smaller looks better and longer tweets will fit.
· Fix for startup problems regarding saved searches.
· Cleanup corrupt data from registry and database.
· Size of tweet changed in display
· Changed api calls from replies to mentions.
· And some other fixes on deprecated api calls
What's New in 0.85:
Some work has been done to fix to major bugs in PockeTwit:
· Posting updates on Non-Touch screen devices
· Hangups during startup
There is one new feature though, a new way of authenticating for Twitter: · Verification for Twitter through xAuth. This means no more going to a website, but just PockeTwit doing all the authentication for you.
What's New in 0.84: Uploading media:
· Video and file uploads now supported (Posterous, Moby and YFrog)
· Internal modifications to attachment upload process which should increase reliability.
· Posterous supports uploading from files generated by HTC Voice Recorder app, MP3 files etc – similar use to AudioBoo.
· If an upload type is not supported by the selected media service, Posterous will be used for other types (e.g. using TwitPic as Picture service will select Posterous for videos and files).
· Posterous uses revised error handling code which should give better feedback on upload errors.
Timeline & Statuses:
· View your own send direct messages.
· Avatar cache no longer scales images up – should marginally improve image quality and reduce cache size on large screens
· Changes to behaviour of post update window address list, including: Username is now inserted where the cursor is, rather than at the end of the text, when selecting from drop-down list; Reply to all now works consistently; Usernames with digits and underscores are now supported
· Should crash less, thanks to modified error handling – 40% of crashes should no longer occur.
· More diagnostic information sent with crash reports.
· Some other crashes also fixed
· New version of .NET Compact Framework 3.5, which may help with connection issues –> needs to be installed manually
· Today plugin should update even when PockeTwit is not running
· Preparatory work for revised timeline layout on large screens
What's New in 0.83: Major changes:
· User interface changes in Post update form - dynamically configures to screen size/on-screen keyboard
· Revised theme icons
· Compact Framework version check
· Main application icons updated for high resolution phones
· Strange dialog behaviour should all be fixed
· Fixed potential crashes and memory problems with internet connections
· Notifications on saved searches now work again
· Reply all
· Upped maximum tweets
· Removed unused surplus code.
· streamlined OAuth a bit
· Reduced installer size
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard
SmartTouch Mobile (Pocket PC) SmartTouch Mobile (Pocket PC) - SmartTouch is a mobile application that gives you FREE, fast, easy access to Facebook, Google, Amazon and other favorites, all through texting. No data plan required. The simple scroll-and-click text messaging system shortcuts the cost and hassle of data plans so you can get what you want, when you want
PicoBlogger PicoBlogger - Now, blogging from your phone is easier than ever. Whether you use Blogger, LiveJournal or Wordpress with PicoBlogger 3, you can publish and download videos, photos, and audio files. Turn AutoBlogger on, to experience one-click mobile blogging
Vaayoo Vaayoo, a mobile apps startup based out of Silicon Valley and founded by alums of Microsoft, Oracle, Intuit, AT&T; Wireless, and McCaw Cellular, brings for the first time to Windows mobile users: "Click n Share" photo and video uploads to Facebook, direct video upload to YouTube and other cool social networking and sharing features
TwitsnapsMaps TwitsnapsMaps uses the GPS on your PocketPC to find your current latitude/longitude/speed and altitude and allows you to upload your position via map to Twitter.com. You can customize the maps zoom, and type via the 'Options' in the toolbar. The maps service is provided by Google.com. The map/Twitter storage is from TwitSnaps
TwitterMedications TwitterMedications allows you to log your medication usage on the Twitter.com service. Each time you take a medication tap the medication button to update Twitter.com. NOTE: Use a private twitter account when using this program. This service is provided by Twitter
NotesFacebooks NotesFacebooks allows you to securely create/view/edit and delete notes on the FaceBook server. Each time you make a new note the program uploads it to your Facebook 'My Notes' folder and stores the Note ID code. When you tap on the button the program will download the note from Facebook. You can View/Edit or Delete the note. This service is provided by FaceBook
Vaayoo multi-faceted social app for Windows Mobile Vaayoo's social app brings for the first time to Windows mobile users: Click n Share photo and video uploads to Facebook, Video Twitter, direct video upload to YouTube and other cool social networking and sharing features
TwitterSyncing TwitterSyncing allows you to update your Twitter.com account via an oAuth app with a few taps. Enter or paste the text to update (140 characters maximum) and tap the button to send the update to your Twitter.com account. This service is provided by Twitter
TwitpicDateds TwitpicDateds allows you to rapidly upload and share pictures via oAuth on Twitpic.com website. When a new picture is detected in the camera folder the program will upload the picture to the TwitPic.com website with the date/time as the tweet on Twitter. This service is provided by Twitpic
SmartTouch Twitter Mobile (Pocket PC) SmartTouch Twitter Mobile (Pocket PC) - SmartTouch is a mobile application that gives you FREE, fast, easy access to Facebook, Google, Amazon and other favorites, all through texting. No data plan required. The simple scroll-and-click text messaging system shortcuts the cost and hassle of data plans so you can get what you want, when you want
Other Software by developer «Jake Stevenson»:
PocketPC MPD Client PocketPC MPD Client - A MPD client for the PocketPC that displays current song information and allows the user to manipulate playlists.
# Album art fetched from Amazon in the background
# Kinetic scrolling on all lists.
# Gesture-based control