Shakespeare Pro includes all the features of the free Shakespeare app; the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and a concordance search to find the exact word or phrase you are looking for.
· Enhanced text reading - Choose from a variety of color combinations, change font family or size, display long or short character names, and toggle line numbers. (NOTE: Line numbers are NOT the same between different editions of Shakespeare's plays, though they are relatively close. The Riverside, Arden, Folger, Shakespeare Pro and other editions all have slightly different line numbering due to the way the texts have been edited.)
· Scene Breakdowns - Get an overview of the scenes within a play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
· Tales from Shakespeare - A series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare's plays aimed at a younger audience.
· Bookmarks - In addition to remembering the last page you view for each play, you can save an unlimited number of bookmarks to locate that exact line you're looking for.
· Glossary - The most powerful new feature of Shakespeare Pro is a searchable glossary based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare's Words. You can also activate the inline glossary to see all the glossary entries while reading the text. Simply tap on a word to see its meaning. (NOTE: The glossary is contextually sensitive, which means it gives you the meaning of the word in its specific context, not just a general definition. Scroll the popup window to see all the definitions.)
· Random Quotes - There are many memorable quotes in Shakespeare's works. Simply shake your device for a random quote.
· Portrait Gallery - Browse a gallery of famous Shakespeare portraits.
· Facts and Scansion - Read up on Shakespeare's life, data on his works, and and overview of scansion terminology.
· Additional new features include copy/paste functionality, scene navigation, and an auto-scroll function. The auto-scroll automatically scrolls the text as you read and you control the speed by tilting your device or even turn your device into a mini-teleprompter.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Bug fixes
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Folio/quarto speed optimizations
· Improved Concordance search results & stability
· Additional quotes (over 125 now)
· Added number of spoken lines for each character
· Added scenes for each character
· Decreased overall app size
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport bug
· Overall improved stability
· Minor long name & text corrections
· Cosmetic improvements
· Additional help & support information
What's New in 1.5:
· Added First Folio editions of 37 plays (with original spelling and font)
· Added First Quarto editions of Sonnets, Two Noble Kinsmen and Edward III (with original spelling and font)
· Added Third Folio of Pericles (with original spelling and font)
· Major overhaul to Shakespeare's Words glossary definitions, better identification of word instances
· Major update to editions of plays, including identifying each individual character (each messenger, servant, etc. given individual names)
· Added scene descriptions for every scene in every play
· Added character descriptions for every character in the works of Shakespeare
· Improved search results browsing and better results titles
· Expanded Facts section, fixed some text formatting errors
· Improved quote source browsing
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport flags
· Updated Shakespeare portraits
· Overall speed and stability
· Fixes to long character names
· Improved search speed
· Minor text corrections
· General stability enhancements and compatibility fixes
What's New in 1.4:
· Custom concordance search. Now search individual plays, sonnets or the complete works.
· Changed Scansion section to use UTF-8 diacritical marks.
· Fixed a navigation bug and UI enhancements, title bars.
· Fixed search bug when using quotes and set minimum character amount.
· Fixed sonnet audio when toggle is set to orientation (iOS bug).
· Minor text corrections & text styling for better readability.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Other Software by developer «Readdle»:
Printer Pro Printer Pro is the application that lets you wirelessly print from the iPad. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
Once installed, Printer Pro appears in the "Open In..." list on your device
Printer Pro for iPhone Printer Pro for iPhone is the application that lets you wirelessly print from the iPhone. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
PLEASE NOTE: To test whether Printer Pro will work with your printer, download Printer Pro Lite for free
PDF Expert for iPad PDF Expert is the ultimate solution for all your PDF needs. It lets you read and annotate PDF documents, highlight text, make notes, draw with your finger and save these changes being compatible with Preview and Adobe Acrobat!
PDF Expert can get documents from any place you may need
Flash Drive Flash Drive - Flash Drive is a file management solution for your iPhone and iPod Touch. It allows you to use your iPhone and iPod Touch as a Wi-Fi flash drive from any Windows or Mac computers. Flash Drive has a powerful built-in file viewer that can be used to view your documents on the go
PDF Expert Enterprise PDF Expert Enterprise is the ultimate iPad solution for working with PDF files in enterprise. It lets you read and annotate PDF documents, sign contracts electronically and fill in PDF forms.
PDF Expert for Enterprise provides crucial security and user management features allowing corporate IT to control application deployment within the organization
Printer Pro Lite Printer Pro Lite is the application that lets you wirelessly print from the iPhone or iPad. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
Once installed, Printer Pro appears in the "Open In..." list on your device
Aristotle's Complete Works Aristotle's Complete Works - Aristotle is one of the most important thinkers to have ever lived. Over the course of his life, he studied and wrote about every possible field of knowledge. In addition to his work in science, Aristotle contributed a great deal to our ideas about art, literature, ethics, and theology
Cannons This is a story about vicious pirates, great sea battles and enormous treasures
Scanner Pro Scanner Pro transforms your iPhone into a portable scanner in your pocket. It lets you scan multipage documents, email them and even upload to Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk or any other WebDAV enabled server. Evernote integration is there too.
Scanner Pro easily handles situations when you have a hard copy document that should be sent by email and there is no scanner nearby