Screen On Toggler is basically a replacement tool for the default search button on your Android phone when you long press it. It allows you to quickly toggle your screen's timeout from always ON to your screen timeout's setting and vice versa.
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select screen on toggler to toggle between always ON and your original screen timeout setting. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Wifi Toggler. You may clear the default setting for Screen On Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select screen on toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To restore the timeout setting to your original setting, you may either touch on the screen on toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the screen on toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.52:
· Added new option to set custom screen timeout setting from app
· Minor layout bug fixes
What's New in 1.43:
· Added ability to detect and disable ads for those who donated
· Fixed some major bugs whereby in certain conditions, the screen timeout will be set to 0 (never timeout) all the time due to some combination of options set in the main app.
· Fixed bug where the timeout was set to 60 seconds by default if you installed the app for the first time. Now it will get the default screen timeout from your settings.
What's New in 1.4:
· Added new changelog dialog
· Removed titlebar from preferences page
· Added compatibility for Android 3.0 AKA honeycomb
· Fixed some issues when Screen On Toggler is set to start on boot
· Fixed major issue when toggling screen timeout on/off, should not have anymore issues with this
What's New in 1.32:
· Added option to start on boot
What's New in 1.32:
· Added new option to show notification bar icon only when enabled (i.e: when screen timeout is not in effect)
· Added donate button
· Fixed some small bugs causing the toggling not to work in the main activity
What's New in 1.1:
· Added launcher icon to allow toggling of screen timeout
· Added configuration option to always display icon in notification bar when screen timeout is NOT set to always ON (timeout in effect)
· Fixed some minor bugs
· Ad-Supported (only when you are connected to internet)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.0, Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x
Other Software by developer «Malcolm Lim Boon Lian»:
Wifi Toggler (Android) Wifi Toggler is basically a replacement tool for the default search button on your Android phone when you long press it. It allows you to quickly toggle your wifi from ON to OFF and vice versa.
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your Android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select wifi toggler to toggle between your wifi states of ON and OFF
Car Loan Calculator Car Loan Calculator - This Android app is essentially a very simple car loan calculator
Housing Loan Calculator Housing Loan Calculator is a simple housing loan calculator that you can use to calculate your monthly housing loan repayments. Useful when you want to roughly calculate if you could afford a house that you see in an advertisement pamphlet, newspaper or even on the internet
Favsites FavSites is essentially a quick launch tab browser application that allows you to load up to 5 tabs of your favourite websites. You can customize each tab to your liking to load your favourite local news site, tech news site, webmail or anything that you see fit.
· Ability to customize up to 5 sites to be displayed in the tabs (name can be customize too!)
Rotation Toggler Rotation Toggler is essentially an auto-rotate screen toggler application that allows you to enable or disable Android's auto-rotate feature. This is useful especially when you don't want the screen to change its orientation when say..you are reading an ebook or browsing a site and don't want your browser to change its orientation
Go Dutch! Go Dutch! is an extremely useful Android app that you would want to use when you're outside with your friends having some drinks, food or perhaps just shopping in general.
Lets say someone pays for the bill when you're out for dinner with your friends, then you want to calculate how much to pay for your portion only, you can use Go Dutch! to do just that
Show IP Widget Show IP Widget is basically a very simple widget (4x1 in size) that displays your Android device's Internal AND External IP Address in a widget form. It detects your Internet connection (both WiFi and 3G) and displays the IP Address accordingly. If your Android device is not connected, a "Not connected" text will be displayed instead