BasicGPS is an application designed primarily for Geocaching. The software is offered to the global geocaching community free of charge.
One of the main features of BasicGPS is that the application actually speaks to you, providing a range and bearing to the cache site. This is particularly useful in areas of 'high muggle activity'. You can put the phone in your pocket, use headphones, and the voice will guide you to the cache site!
· Provides Spoken Directions (range and bearing) from your location to the selected cache.
· Imports cache files in GPX or LOC format from www.geocaching.com (including pocket queries)
· Realtime cache 'Radar' shows your location and that of the cache for quicker finds.
· Displays Distances and Altitudes in Miles/Feet or Kilometers/Meters.
· Displays Coordinates in Degrees, Minutes or Decimal Degrees format.
· Mapping via GoogleMaps: shows your location and the cache site.
· Direct Link to wap.geocaching.com for true paperless caching!
· Works with Built-in or External GPS Modules via the MS Intermediate Driver.
· Displays the cache info from GPX files - including hints.
· Very Simple to use: Just point the Compass arrow at the blue box till you reach the cache!
· Allows you to mark a cache as 'Found' or 'Not Found'
· Displays Full Cache Name and 'GC' Code on Search Screen.
· Plays Audio Warning when no Valid GPS Fix is available.
· 'All Caches' Screen.
What's New in This Release:
· Nautical Miles added to Distance Measurement types.
· Fix added for Shutdown issue on slower handsets.
· Cache 'Track line' added to main Compass Display.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.