Android Terminal Emulator - This application lets you access your Android's built-in Linux command line shell. It emulates a Digital Equipment Corporation VT-100 terminal. You can use this application to run utility programs on your Android device.
What's New in This Release:
· Improved Hungarian translation.
· Added "Holo blue on black" text color preference.
· Removed the "READ LOGS" permission.
What's New in 1.0.43:
· "Return" key now works correctly in editors like nano and vi.
· Added "Read Logs" permission so that "adb logcat" command can be used to read logs.
· Other projects can now use ATE as a library. New intents for:
· Sending commands to an existing ATE window.
· Adding directories to the PATH
· Improved French, German translations
· Added Hungarian translation
· Added MIPS CPU support
What's New in 1.0.42:
· Bug fixes for UTF-8 text, various crashes on ICS.
· Added Czech Republic translation.
· Improved Basque and French translations.
· Added formal API for intent-based script execution.
· Status bar now visible by default.
What's New in 1.0.41:
· Fixed sticky-control-key issue with Android 3.0+ devices that have full keyboards.
· Fixed terminal window size off-by-one error on Android 3.0+ tablet devices.
· Added Portuguese translation.
· Improved French and German translations.
What's New in 1.0.40:
· Tap on screen to show / hide soft keyboard.
· Android 3.0 UI support (action bar). See wiki for details.
· Kindle Fire support (use long-press menu to send control and fn chars).
· Improvements to French translation.
· Display toast when resetting terminal.
What's New in 1.0.39:
· Back key can be configured to leave session running or send "ESC" or "TAB".
· $TERM is set to "screen"
· Exiting terminal session (with "exit" or control-D) closes window.
· Preferences for all of the above.
· Improved terminal emulation.
· Reset Terminal changed: Now resets the terminal emulator state, but leaves session running. Use "Close Window" for old behavior.
· Improved French Translation
What's New in 1.0.35:
· Fixed status bar icon style for 2.2+ devices.
What's New in 1.0.30:
· Fix bugs in terminal emulation: Some versions of 'vi' may work better.
· You can now choose 'none' as a control key or fn key. Useful if you have a full keyboard (such as on the Acer Transformer).
· You can now install the Terminal Emulator to the SD card if you like.
· Added some missing French translations.
What's New in 1.0.27:
· Fix java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError exception that affected some Android devices that have a pre-1.0.26 version of Android Terminal Emulator in their custom system images.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x
Other Software by developer «Jack Palevich»:
Comments on Android Terminal Emulator:
I have downloaded this terminal, but my keyboard is not working on the terminal, not able to write any thing on the blue screen. Please help.
Date: 2 May 12
Same here. Not working on Galaxy Y. Tested versions 1.0.43 and 1.0.44. Gave up already.
Date: 17 Aug 12
Dont know yet
Date: 29 Aug 14
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Android Terminal Emulator supports it