The Art of War was compiled more than two and a half thousand years ago by a mysterious warrior-philosopher, Sun Tzu. The Art of War is still the most influential book of strategy in the world, studied by modern politicians, executives, and military leaders. The book had possibly influenced Napoleon, and even the planning of Operation Desert Storm. Leaders as diverse as Mao Zedong, General Pervez Musharraf, General Vo Nguyen Giap, and General Douglas MacArthur have claimed to have drawn inspiration from the work. The Art of War has been applied, with much success, to business and managerial strategies.
A Washington Post best-seller
"Absorb this book, and you can throw out all those contemporary books about management leadership."-Newsweek
"A breast-pocket favorite of many commanders and U.S. Marines."-Christian Science Monitor
"The Art of War soon could join Machiavelli's The Prince as required reading in the executive suite."-USA Today
Table of Contents
List of Works:
1. The Art of War by Sun Tzu: a Chinese military treatise written during the 6th century BC
2. The Thirty-Six Strategies: a collection of 36 Chinese proverbs
3. The 48 Laws of Power: excerption from the book The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
1. Introduction to The Art of War
2. Biography of Sun Tzu
3. Lionel Giles: Introduction to and Analysis of The Art of War
4. Analysis of The Thirty-Six Strategies
Complete edition includes ALL chapters:"Laying Plans", "Waging War", "Attack by Stratagem", "Tactical Dispositions", "Energy", "Weak Points & Strong", "Maneuvering", "Variation in Tactics", "The Army on the March", "Terrain", "The Nine Situations", "The Attack by Fire", and "The Use of Spies".
Includes introduction to and analysis of The Art of War by Lionel Giles.
Includes the modern analysis of the book.
Navigate easily to any book from Table of Contents or search for the words or phrases.
Automatic synchronization between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
Excerpt from the book
1. Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State.
2. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.
3. The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations, when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.
4. These are: (1). The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth; (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
5. The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler,
6. so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.
7. Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat, times and seasons.
8. Earth comprises distances, great and small; danger and security; open ground and narrow passes; the chances of life and death.
9. The Commander stands for the virtues of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage and strictness.
10. By method and discipline are to be understood the marshaling of the army in its proper subdivisions, the graduations of rank among the officers, the maintenance of roads by which supplies may reach the army, and the control of military expenditure.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Works of Guy de Maupassant (Palm) Works of Guy de Maupassant (Palm) - Works of Guy de Maupassant - Indulge Yourself with the best classics literature on Your PDA. Navigate easily to any novel from Table of Contents or search for the words or phrases
Travel San Diego, USA - illustrated travel guide and maps Travel San Diego, USA - illustrated travel guide and maps - An illustrated city guide and maps. Indulge Yourself with a personal tour guide on Your PDA. FREE General Information chapter and a map in the trial version.
Travel Dresden (Palm OS) Travel Dresden is a comprehensive travel guide and phrasebook illustrated with maps and photographs
Best-Selling Classic Books Library (Palm OS) Best-Selling Classic Books Library (Palm OS) - The largest library for your mobile. Over 3,000 complete works by Shakespeare, Dickens, Mark Twain, Jane Austen, Edgar Poe, Dostoevsky, and more. Intuitive search and navigation.
Authors included in the library:
1. Louisa May Alcott
2. Hans Christian Andersen
3. Jane Austen
4. J. M. Barrie
5. L. Frank Baum
Works of Louisa May Alcott (BlackBerry) Works of Louisa May Alcott (BlackBerry) - Indulge Yourself with the best classics literature on your mobile. Navigate easily to any novel from Table of Contents or search for the words or phrases
Travel Zion National Park - illustrated travel guide and maps Travel Zion National Park - illustrated travel guide and maps is a comprehensive travel guide illustrated with maps and photographs. Indulge Yourself with a personal tour guide on Your PDA. FREE General Information chapter and a map in the trial version.
Geology, Flora, Fauna and more.
Travel Amsterdam Travel Amsterdam- An illustrated city guide, phrasebook, and maps. Indulge Yourself with a personal tour guide on Your PDA. FREE General Information chapter, basic phrasebook and a map in the trial version.
Street Map, Metro Map, and more.
Museums hours and ticket info