2011 CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (iPhone/iPad) - Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic you will find concise, evidence-based answers to questions regarding both hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, cost-effective treatments, and more. The CMDT 2011 is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone and iPad with the following key benefits:
· Searchable index allowing you to quickly locate the information that you need
· Categories for easy reference
· Hyperlinks between words and articles
· History of already visited articles and terms
· Bookmarks - you can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool and create your own topics and wordlists
· Filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for
· Fast article scrolling MORE usable patient-care information in LESS text:
· A strong focus on the clinical diagnosis and patient management tools essential to daily practice
· Full review of all internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, and ophthalmology
· The only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
· Hundreds of drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices - plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
· Recent references with PMID numbers for fast access to abstracts or full-text articles
· ICD-9 codes listed on the inside covers
· Five online-only chapters available at no additional cost at AccessMedicine.com/CMDT NEW to this edition:
· Full-color photos and illustrations integrated with text throughout book, including much expanded dermatology and ophthalmology images
· Newly introduced topics: E. coli O145, floppy iris syndrome, and expanded coverage of H1N1 influenza A
· New information: emerging role for B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) as marker of early left ventricular myocardial failure, new approaches to correction of aortic stenosis and to aortic regurgitation in Marfan syndrome, risks of typical and atypical antipsychotic medications, and new hypoglycemic agents
· Substantial update on cardiology and hypertension, including use of stents and cardiac resynchronization therapy with biventricular pacemaker insertion, recent ACC/AHA criteria for appropriateness of coronary revascularization, use of prasugrel and clopidogrel compared with aspirin in prevention of stent thrombosis, dronedarone and catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation and dabigatran versus warfarin in prevention of atrial fibrillation-related stroke, as well as guidelines for developing an antihypertensive regimen
· Updated information on pathogenesis and treatment of immune and drug-induced thrombocytopenia, new investigational anticoagulants such as rivaroxaban and idraparinux, risk stratification and prophylactic regimens for deep venous thrombosis and venous thromboembolism, and a prognostic model for pulmonary emboli
· Expanded information on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, treatment of pharyngitis and laryngitis, approaches to the diagnosis of syphilis, diagnosis and complications with borreliosis and its coinfections, acute and chronic viral hepatitides, amyloidosis, treatment and prognosis of venous stasis ulcers, and therapy for heat stroke and burns
· Substantially updated treatment sections: HIV infections and AIDS and advances in therapy for breast cancer in women
What's New in This Release:
· Pinch Zoom in iOS 3.2 and higher
· Screen rotation in the word list
What's New in 3.10:
· Fixed bug with the Table of contents.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
American Health Journal The American Health Journal application offers the largest video library of physician interviews on virtually any health related topic
Men's Health Men's Health - While the life-expectancy gap between men and women has decreased, it is no secret that men still need to pay more attention to their bodies. Several things work against men. They tend to smoke and drink more than women. They don't seek medical help as often as women. Some men define themselves by their work, which can add to stress
DDS GP DDS GP is for dental professionals to show conditions and treatments to their patients.
TAP and DRAG to easily show severity of decay, periodontal disease, cracks, and numerous other conditions and procedures.
DRAW right on the screen with your finger... then save your drawings.
ADD your own images or photos from your photo library
Musculoskeletal System - Anatomy Quiz Musculoskeletal System - Anatomy Quiz - This is an extremely useful tool for anyone interested in or studying anatomy. Identify over 200 superficial muscles and bones with two levels of question difficulty. The user can select to answer questions on Level 1, Level 2 or on both Levels. Twenty questions are chosen at random from a pool of over 200 questions
Tabers21 (Taber's Dictionary) for iPhone Tabers21 (Taber's Dictionary) for iPhone - Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 21st Edition has been updated to meet the ongoing needs of health care students, educators, and clinicians, as well as interested consumers.
This Skyscape Trusted Resource is created in partnership with F. A. Davis Company. Authors: Donald Venes, M.D., M.S.J
5-Minute Pediatric (iPhone) 5-Minute Pediatric (iPhone) provides immediate, point-of-care advice on problems seen in infants, children, and adolescents. This best-selling handheld resource covers more than 460 diseases in the fast-access 5-Minute Consult format that is popular among busy clinicians
Lexi-CLINICAL SUITE Lexi-CLINICAL SUITE addresses medications, interactions, diseases and conditions, and more.
This popular collection provides access to information most frequently requested and required by clinicians involved with patient diagnosis and care
Musculoskeletal System - Anatomy Quiz (Free) Musculoskeletal System - Anatomy Quiz (Free) - This is an extremely useful tool for anyone interested in or studying anatomy. The user is asked to identify superficial muscles and bones. In each quiz, twenty questions are chosen at random from a pool of questions. Each question is multi-choice with options chosen from a pool of possible answers
Body Systems - Anatomy Quiz Body Systems - Anatomy Quiz - This application covers the Cardiovascular, Nervous, Urogenital and Digestive Systems and is an extremely useful tool for anyone interested in or studying anatomy. Identify over 230 body parts with two levels of question difficulty. The user can select to answer questions on Level 1, Level 2 or on both Levels
Quick CheckSpell Bundle (English) Quick CheckSpell Bundle (English) is a powerful spell checking package, that ensures the correct spelling of your notes in almost any program on your Palm PDA or SmartPhone. It underlines the misspelled words as you type and provides spelling alternatives which you can use to replace the wrong words
Webster's New World College Dictionary and Roget's A-Z Thesaurus (Android) Webster's New World College Dictionary and Roget's A-Z Thesaurus (Android) - The most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own, the Webster's New World College Dictionary is selected by Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and other leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice