Dictionary.com for iPhone - Carry a dictionary and thesaurus wherever you go with this easy to use app! View language reference content from trusted sources like Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com right from your iPhone.
The application gives you access to a comprehensive database of more than 2 million words, with detailed definitions, synonyms, antonyms, word origins, example sentences, and audio pronunciations. In addition, it delivers daily useful content, such as Word of the Day and The Hot Word.
· Offline access - no Internet connection needed for most content
· Audio pronunciation
· Example sentences
· Word origin & history
· Voice search (five free searches included)
· Favorite words
· Search history
· Spelling suggestions
· Popular & local trending searches
· Shake your iPhone to receive a random, surprise word
· FREE advanced Learner's Dictionary provides additional content for English learners, or anyone looking for more context.
· In order to save room on your device, the Offline Dictionary is now optional. Download the Offline Dictionary from the Settings screen.
· Siri is now able to read the definitions out loud.
· Various improvements and bug fixes.
What's New in 4.4.1:
· Fixed an issue with iCloud sync that was being experienced by some users. This issue was causing the app to hang on launch.
What's New in 4.3:
· New sleek and updated design, ready for iOS7
· Share your content through iMessage or SMS
· Bug fixes: now able to clear search box of previously searched words, improved lower nav visibility
What's New in 4.2:
· New home screen features quick access to daily content including Word of the Day and The Hot Word
· Hundreds of new words added: photobomb, attachment parenting, digital native, and more
· New Rhyming Dictionary with more than 500,000 rhyming words -- available as a premium upgrade
· Enhanced language translator with over 30 languages
What's New in 4.1:
· Fixed an unforeseen issue experienced by some users.
What's New in 3.6:
· Faster app launch
· New content: More than one million example sentences added
· Unlimited number of favorite words, now alphabetized
· Bug fixes
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
iTranslate Voice iTranslate Voice - allows you to speak in one language and immediately hear yourself in another language. You can also look up definitions for common words and phrases, just by using your voice. Translations can be shared via email, SMS and Twitter
Audio Collins Mini Gem German European Languages Pack This Collins dictionary pack contains bidirectional dictionaries from and to English and 16 European languages - Croatian, Czech, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Danish, Dutch, Russian, Swedish
Lingopal VOYAGE - multilingual talking phrasebook Voyage is a fun iPhone application with nearly 600 professionally translated phrases in 44 languages including audio.
Order a meal in Prague. Ask for directions in Mumbai. Strike up a conversation in Sofia. Buy a train ticket in Beijing. Ask for an extra bed in Manila.
The phrasebook application that gives you all the languages you need when you travel
AT&T Translator AT&T Translator is an application which translates spoken and textual phrases from one language to another language
Lingopal FLIRTA - multilingual talking phrasebook Lingopal FLIRTA Chat and flirt in 44 languages with just one phrasebook application.
Tell that Estonian girl how much you like to watch her lips as she speaks. Get cheeky with the Brazilian boy on the beach
MDict (iPhone/iPad) MDict is a dictionary that supports multi-language. It doesn't bundle with dictionary data. But it's an open platform that you can download many pre-built dictionary data by others.
· Very fast lookup speed and dictionary loading speed. You can switch dictionary instantly.
· Support rich text formatted content
· Pronunciation support
A+ Translator Deluxe A+ Translator Deluxe - This application will translate most texts in most languages into ENGLISH, you will also be able to hear the result translation using TTS technologies.
As soon as you are ready with your word or text simply TAP "read text" and the job will be done for you.
Text-to-speech (TTS) is a system which converts normal language text into speech
SpeechTrans Italian English Translator SpeechTrans Italian English Translator Have you ever met a person that you really like, but when you tried talking to him or her, you found out that you don't speak the same language? This is quite disappointing! But with SpeechTrans it is not a problem anymore
Other Software by developer «Dictionary.com»:
Dictionary.com - Dictionary and Thesaurus Dictionary.com - Dictionary and Thesaurus - The FREE Dictionary.com app delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, including over 2,000,000 words. It also features audio pronunciation and updated daily content
Dictionary.com for iPad Dictionary.com for iPad - Carry a dictionary and thesaurus wherever you go with this easy to use app! View language reference content from trusted sources like Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com right from your iPad