Pictello is a simple way to create talking photo albums and talking books. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, up to five lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using high-quality voices. Stories can be shared using iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi with other Pictello users through a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server.
Pictello is developed with non-speaking people in mind, so it is easy to use and requires no literacy skills to locate and read stories. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard so everyone can use pictures and sound to share important moments in their lives. An advanced editor gives full control of the editing capabilities.
The current version includes North American English male and female voices. These can be swapped at no costs for British voices that can be downloaded through WiFi by Pictello. Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
- Social stories to teach skills or to recall events
- Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests
- Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away
- Talking books
- Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum
- Schedules, Task instructions, etc
What's New in This Release:
· Meet Jonas and Lea, the first German children's Text to Speech voices. Based on recordings by real children, Jonas and Lea provide natural-sounding speech for German stories. Co-developed by Acapela Group, AssistiveWare and Tobii Technology, these brand new voices are now available as free downloads in Pictello.
· New Australian English genuine children's Text to Speech voices co-developed by Acapela Group and AssistiveWare are also available, along with a new adult female Australian English voice. Liam, Olivia, and Lisa can be downloaded for free inside Pictello!
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Bug fix for crash when recording in Wizard mode, iOS 6 only
· Bug fix for crash when sharing server returns error
· Other minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.5:
· Meet Harry and Rosie! Acapela and AssistiveWare have partnered to create the first text-to-speech voices based on real children's voices. Harry and Rosie are British English voices.
· Introducing Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Australian English voices
· New voices for American and British English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Norwegian, and Swedish.
· New Expressive Mode voices - some of Acapela's voices now come in expressive versions such as Happy, Sad, Far Away, and Up Close. Download these for fun effects! Available for selected American and British English, French, Greek, and Belgian Dutch voices.
· New American English Character voices Hip-Hop Saul Texas Cowboy Micah, Evil Will, Little Creature Will, and British English Queen Elizabeth!
· Wood theme graphics optimized to take advantage of the new iPad retina display!
· Photos taken with the rear camera of the new iPad are now shown at high resolution for gorgeous stories!
· Introducing PresenterTouch - when an external display is attached and you're in mirroring mode, a small circle will appear wherever your finger(s) touch the screen. Participants in a training can now see your touches projected on the external display and no longer need to guess where you are touching the screen.
· Enhanced voice downloading reliability
· Other minor bug fixes and enhancements
What's New in 1.4:
· Share with non-Pictello users! Export your stories as PDF files, and share them with anyone using email, iTunes File Sharing, or by printing to any AirPrint-compatible printer.
· Export stories as PDF files to iBooks or other PDF reader apps.
· Rearrange your stories in any order within a folder.
· Added Turkish localization.
What's New in 1.3:
· User interface and in-app help localized in Spanish, German, French, and Dutch
· Additional free, natural-sounding Acapela text-to-speech voices can be downloaded for: Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English (North America, UK, and India), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish (Spain and US), Turkish
Voice downloading improvements:
· Multiple voices can be queued for download
· Voice downloads can complete while you're doing something else in Pictello or when Pictello is running in the background (for devices that support multitasking)
Story importing improvements:
· When you export a story to the sharing server and choose to email the story code to another Pictello user, the recipient can tap on a link in the email to import the story into Pictello on their device.
· When you export a story to iTunes File Sharing, you can put the .pictello file into any iOS app that supports the Document Integration "Open With" feature, and have the story automatically imported into Pictello from the other app.
· When you import a story from the Sharing Server or from another app using Document Integration, the story automatically opens for reading.
· added Noteworthy and ChalkboardSE (bold and regular)
· Use recorded voice or text-to-speech for story title playback
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Automatically detects iPad 2 screen mirroring when using HDMI or VGA adapters.
· Now supports Component and Composite Adapters with the TV Safe area mode for external displays.
· Improved layout for story playback presentation mode on external displays.
· Adds option to scale small images to fill screen.
· Adds option to reset Pictello Sharing Server account password using either the username or the email address of the account.
· Various bug fixes.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Level Camera Level Camera is a camera app with real-time level indicator
Slideshow+ Slideshow+ - Photo Slideshow Director is a photo slideshow software that lets you use your iPhone to organize your digital photos and create eye-catching slideshow. It features lots of dynamic transition effects and can play on HDTV with Apple Digital AV adaptor and HDMI cable at hi-resolution of 1280x720
Censor It Censor It Have you ever taken a picture and realized that you can see something that you don’t want your friends and family to see? Simply use the Censor It application and add one of over 40 censor graphics to cover it up
Bluetooth Photo Share Bluetooth Photo Share is this is the best bluetooth photo sharing app out there, and it's free!!
· Unlike some other photo sharing apps, Bluetooth Photo Share does not scale down or do any lossy compression of your photos before transferring. In other words, the receiver gets the exact image that was in the sender's photo library
External Flash Take better pictures in low-light conditions by using the camera flash on your friends' phones to illuminate the environment
IncrediBooth IncrediBooth - Step up, sit down, and get ready to cram as many of your friends together as possible. The photo booth has returned, and it is incredible. No coins needed. No hunting down old dirty dive bars to only find a machine that is no longer in service. Be the live of any party and bring your IncrediBooth with you
iCover iCover - Put a photo on magazine cover and have fun showing it to friends and family! iCover has 35 different industry magazines to choose from. You can select any of them and make an impressive, unique, custom fake magazine cover with ease. Insert photos of your friends, family, yourself, your pets or car and share the results by emailing it
Other Software by developer «AssistiveWare»:
Proloquo2Go Proloquo2Go provides a full-featured augmentative and alternative communication solution for people who have difficulty speaking. It provides natural sounding text-to-speech voices, up-to-date symbols, powerful automatic conjugations, a default vocabulary of over 7000 items, full expandability and extreme ease of use