Plex (iPhone/iPad) - The Plex application allows you to use your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to browse and play your media (video, photos and music) using the Plex Media Server installed on your Mac. In addition, you can view online media from a variety of sources. If you have Aperture, iPhoto, or iTunes installed you can also stream the content to your mobile device.
YOU MUST HAVE THE SERVER INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM MEDIA
The application also functions as a full-featured remote for the Plex Media Center application.
The media is streamed directly from your Mac, and there is no need to convert before viewing. You can stream over the Internet over 3G, but you will need to set up port forwarding to do so.
YOU MUST BE SAVVY ENOUGH TO CONFIGURE PORT FORWARDING ON YOUR ROUTER
Also note that streaming of DRM-protected content such as older music from the iTunes store, or video files purchased from iTunes, is not supported.
What's New in This Release:
· FIX: Higher bandwidth quality settings for iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation)
· FIX: Long descriptions cropped on iOS 6.
· FIX: TV Out issues on iOS 6.
What's New in 2.5.1:
· NEW: Support for 4" Retina displays.
What's New in 2.5.0:
· NEW: Home screen sections can be re-ordered or hidden.
· NEW: Support for TV theme music.
· NEW: Background art while browsing.
· NEW: Easier to read list view when browsing by folder.
· FIX: High bitrate content will correctly transcode instead of attempting Direct Play.
· FIX: Media deletion & progress reporting works when using myPlex without publishing servers.
· FIX: Network addresses are resolved earlier to make playing media on remote clients more reliable.
· FIX: Easier method for adding friends.
· FIX: Crash when attempting to set a user rating for an item with no community rating.
· FIX: A few layout & graphical issues.
What's New in 2.4:
· NEW: Social features! You can now add friends to your myPlex account, recommend media to each other, and post directly to your Facebook timeline. Tap account settings and go to the friends tab to send out friend invites.
· NEW: Ability to clear cached images.
· NEW: The app can be launched via the plexapp:// URL scheme.
· NEW: Media can be deleted from the app (must be enabled on the server, requires PMS 0.9.6.1 or newer).
· NEW: Automatic video quality adjustment has been restored, allowing the app to select the most appropriate video quality for the current available bandwidth, up to a user-defined maximum.
· NEW: Attempt to automatically select audio & subtitle streams for all parts when playing stacked media.
· NEW: Networked logging option (in advanced settings). Sends iOS and PMS logs to a centralized server in the cloud when enabled, to aid with support.
· NEW: A new look for settings.
· FIX: Channels section was invisible when no channels are installed on the server.
· FIX: TV season posters were low resolution on iPad.
· FIX: Remote control requests include the correct authentication tokens allowing the feature to work via myPlex connections.
· FIX: Marking progress when not signed in to myPlex was broken.
· FIX: More reliable reloading of home screen data.
· FIX: Images flickered while loading.
· FIX: Certain remote buttons weren't working properly after rotating the device.
· FIX: Wide flag images could get cropped on iPhone.
· FIX: The movie player sometimes switched to portrait orientation when starting a video.
· FIX: myPlex scrobbling was broken.
· FIX: Search wasn't working when not connected to a server.
· FIX: The on-hold menu wasn't working when the default playback action was set to "Always Ask".
· FIX: A couple of crashes on iPhone 3G.
· UPDATE: Translations for Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
What's New in 2.3.1:
· FIX: Immediate crash on startup when logged in to myPlex without any unwatched queue items.
· FIX: Occasional crash when stopping playback.
· FIX: Strange UI behavior when running low on memory.
· FIX: TV Out is supported for older cables again.
· FIX: Playback events are no longer sent to shared servers.
· FIX: Stopping video playback is much faster, especially over remote connections.
· FIX: Image caching works again.
· UPDATED: Localizations for Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
· UPDATED: Removed automatic video quality selection.
· NEW: Allowed selecting an additional video quality for cellular connections in addition to the required 64Kbps stream (requires Plex Media Server 0.9.6.1 or later).
What's New in 2.2:
· FIX: The "long press" action now uses native iOS 4 gesture recognizers which, besides generally being more awesome, require half the hold-time. Less hold-time means happier fingers.
· FIX: Make sure we only treat MP4 files that have streaming hints as Direct Playable.
· FIX: Video quality settings show up correctly and actually work when in "serverless" mode.
· FIX: Video quality settings can now be changed when no server is selected.
· FIX: Fixes and enhancements for Direct Play, including respecting SD resolution, and we now try to direct play more videos in serverless mode. Also, we don't try to Direct Play media if it has a selected, non-embedded subtitle (which requires "burning in").
· FIX: Activate localizations for Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish and Portuguese.
· FIX: Better audio interruption handling (Don't pause playback if we weren't already playing, this would toggle the pause state & cause music to play from the earpiece over the top of the user's phone call).
· FIX: Scrolling while images were loading could cause them to not be displayed.
· FIX: Local WiFi streaming quality was being used for remote connections.
· FIX: Authentication tokens are removed when signing out of myPlex.
What's New in 2.1:
· NEW: Serverless operation! Now you can use the application with just a myPlex account.
· NEW: Added a preference for enabling/disabling Direct Play.
· NEW: Added even higher quality transcode options for iPhone 4S/iPad 2. More Direct Streaming, more winning.
· NEW: Display all the shared servers in settings area.
· NEW: Added new translations for Catalan, Czech, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, and Hungarian.
· FIX: Improvements in Direct Play, more media should play without transcoding.
· FIX: The letter index no longer shows black letters on a black background, which turns out to be quite hard to read.
· FIX: Crash when tapping to play a video.
· FIX: Rotation to landscape in remote view.
· FIX: Gesture area background color was odd.
· FIX: AirPlay Mirroring should work now.
· FIX: A crash in the details view on the iPhone.
· FIX: Better detection of non GSM iPhone 4 devices, allowing higher video quality settings to show up.
· FIX: The video player would sometimes continue playing in the background (audio only).
· FIX: When stopping video playback right away, sometimes it would display an error.
· FIX: Occasional black screen after playback, especially after multi-part media.
· FIX: In conjunction with the newest media server, fixed some channel content not playing.
· FIX: Occasionally the app would display the second level filters as a list.
· FIX: A few miscellaneous crashes.
What's New in 2.0.1:
· Fixed a crash on start for users running iOS 4.
What's New in 1.1:
· Greatly improved look and feel, enhancements for iPad, beautiful grid views.
· Subtitle and audio stream selection. Support for SSA, SRT, and SMI subtitles.
· Direct Streaming and Direct Play support. Your media starts playing faster and looks better.
· TV out support! Watch your media on the big screen.
· Unified channels view for plug-in management.
· Multi-part media playback.
· Universal search, for finding media across all your media servers and on the Internet.
· Extended quality settings for transcoding up to 8Mbps.
· AirPlay (experimental). NOTE: There are known issues with AirPlay, especially when resuming videos over AirPlay. If you'd still like to use it, please enable in the Advanced Settings area.
· Local image caching, for faster browsing, especially over 3G.
· Enhanced iPad remote control with volume buttons, and landscape support.
· Headphone button can be used to play/pause.
· Disable autocorrect and use number keyboard for host entry.
· Much faster startup.
· Photo browser displays thumb instead of default image.
· Even more cowbell, in the form of lots of crashes, memory leaks and other minor issues fixed.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Groove Groove is a music player which helps you rediscover your music in new, interesting ways
TuneShell TuneShell - Pro Music is a powerful music player and downloader for iPhone. The app supports MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, Musepack, WavPack, Speex, Ogg Vorbis, Monkey's Audio, Apple Lossless and various other audio formats (.mp3 .m4a .wma .ape .flac .m4b .mp4 .wav .oga .ogg .aifc .aiff .mpc .spx .caf .aac .wv .3gp .3g2 .it .xm .s3m .mod .mid)
TuneWiki (iPhone) TuneWiki is the winner of 3 international prizes. Its patented technology allows you to listen to music while watching subtitled lyrics, translated to 40+ languages. View lyrics as they are sung, or tap the "full screen" button and scroll through the lyrics
Tapes Lite Tapes turns your iPhone into a retro-style voice recorder and player
Total Player Pro Total Player Pro - Total Player Pro is a video player which can play any video format without prior conversion. Transfer your movies easily to your iOS device using iTunes or a wireless connection, and start watching immediately! Supported formats include: AVI, XVID, DIVX, MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, MPG, MPEG, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, MPV, OGG, FLV, WMV, VOB and many more
Ecoute Ecoute - Ecoute is an alternative music player, with a clean and elegant interface. By focusing on artworks instead of titles, the app tends to simplify the way you are browsing your library on iPhone and iPod Touch. It also handles simple gestures like swipes and long press in order to interact with your library way faster
Coverjam Pro Coverjam Pro - Listen to your music and Coverjam Pro searches Instagram and Flickr for photos tagged with the band's name to create a stunning fullscreen slideshow of the artists as you listen!
The photos Coverjam finds are often of the band in action on stage, publicity shots or simply fan photos inspired by the band
Volume Knob Volume Knob - Works exactly like the volume knob in your car, simply swipe the knob around the screen, you will be so happy about this gadget.
We also provide a slider in case you don't feel comfortable with the knob.
Finally an easy tool to handle the volume of your music player. You can use it to control the volume of your music
SoundBest Music Player for iPhone SoundBest Music Player for iPhone - SoundBest is the only music player with the ability to match your hearing range. Its core technology is AF mode (Auto Fitting Mode), a personalized sound solution that extracts the user's hearing curve and converts it into an optimal equalizer setting value
Other Software by developer «Plex, Inc.»:
Plex (Android) Plex (Android) in a nutshell is a media platform that runs on Macs, PCs and Linux that is capable of organizing your media so that it can be viewed by any Plex Client in a beautiful to see and easily navigable form