Shakespeare Pro includes all the features of the free Shakespeare app; the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and a concordance search to find the exact word or phrase you are looking for.
· Enhanced text reading - Choose from a variety of color combinations, change font family or size, display long or short character names, and toggle line numbers. (NOTE: Line numbers are NOT the same between different editions of Shakespeare's plays, though they are relatively close. The Riverside, Arden, Folger, Shakespeare Pro and other editions all have slightly different line numbering due to the way the texts have been edited.)
· Scene Breakdowns - Get an overview of the scenes within a play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
· Tales from Shakespeare - A series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare's plays aimed at a younger audience.
· Bookmarks - In addition to remembering the last page you view for each play, you can save an unlimited number of bookmarks to locate that exact line you're looking for.
· Glossary - The most powerful new feature of Shakespeare Pro is a searchable glossary based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare's Words. You can also activate the inline glossary to see all the glossary entries while reading the text. Simply tap on a word to see its meaning. (NOTE: The glossary is contextually sensitive, which means it gives you the meaning of the word in its specific context, not just a general definition. Scroll the popup window to see all the definitions.)
· Random Quotes - There are many memorable quotes in Shakespeare's works. Simply shake your device for a random quote.
· Portrait Gallery - Browse a gallery of famous Shakespeare portraits.
· Facts and Scansion - Read up on Shakespeare's life, data on his works, and and overview of scansion terminology.
· Additional new features include copy/paste functionality, scene navigation, and an auto-scroll function. The auto-scroll automatically scrolls the text as you read and you control the speed by tilting your device or even turn your device into a mini-teleprompter.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Bug fixes
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Folio/quarto speed optimizations
· Improved Concordance search results & stability
· Additional quotes (over 125 now)
· Added number of spoken lines for each character
· Added scenes for each character
· Decreased overall app size
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport bug
· Overall improved stability
· Minor long name & text corrections
· Cosmetic improvements
· Additional help & support information
What's New in 1.5:
· Added First Folio editions of 37 plays (with original spelling and font)
· Added First Quarto editions of Sonnets, Two Noble Kinsmen and Edward III (with original spelling and font)
· Added Third Folio of Pericles (with original spelling and font)
· Major overhaul to Shakespeare's Words glossary definitions, better identification of word instances
· Major update to editions of plays, including identifying each individual character (each messenger, servant, etc. given individual names)
· Added scene descriptions for every scene in every play
· Added character descriptions for every character in the works of Shakespeare
· Improved search results browsing and better results titles
· Expanded Facts section, fixed some text formatting errors
· Improved quote source browsing
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport flags
· Updated Shakespeare portraits
· Overall speed and stability
· Fixes to long character names
· Improved search speed
· Minor text corrections
· General stability enhancements and compatibility fixes
What's New in 1.4:
· Custom concordance search. Now search individual plays, sonnets or the complete works.
· Changed Scansion section to use UTF-8 diacritical marks.
· Fixed a navigation bug and UI enhancements, title bars.
· Fixed search bug when using quotes and set minimum character amount.
· Fixed sonnet audio when toggle is set to orientation (iOS bug).
· Minor text corrections & text styling for better readability.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Anna Karenina by Lev Tolstoy The slice of life novel about Russian aristocratic courtships, rejections, affairs, and misalliances considered a realistic portrayal of passion and relationships
Bleak House by Charles Dickens An 1852 Dickens novel that portrays an orphan heroine, Esther, who in discovering her true identity and parentage reveals the intricate dealings of a number of characters and falls in love
Printer Pro for iPad Printer Pro for iPad is the application that lets you wirelessly print from the iPad. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
Once installed, Printer Pro appears in the "Open In..." list on your device
OneDisk OneDisk is an elegant solution to access files on your MobileMe iDisk, save them to the iPhone or iPod Touch, read on the go and even email to friends. Besides MobileMe iDisk the application can connect to any WebDAV enabled online file storage like Box.Net or FilesAnywhere
Calendars+ by Readdle Calendars+ by Readdle - Calendars is an elegant and easy to use calendar application which works perfectly with Google Calendar and the built-in iOS Calendar.
Calendars lets you manage events both online and offline
Aristotle's Complete Works Aristotle's Complete Works - Aristotle is one of the most important thinkers to have ever lived. Over the course of his life, he studied and wrote about every possible field of knowledge. In addition to his work in science, Aristotle contributed a great deal to our ideas about art, literature, ethics, and theology
Printer Pro Lite Printer Pro Lite is the application that lets you wirelessly print from the iPhone or iPad. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
Once installed, Printer Pro appears in the "Open In..." list on your device
Cannons This is a story about vicious pirates, great sea battles and enormous treasures
Card Scanner Pro Card Scanner Pro - Scan business cards with your iPhone directly into the Address Book. Take a picture of a business card with the iPhone camera and automatically pull all the data from it to create a new contact in the iPhone Contacts. Scanning takes 3 seconds and the accuracy is as great as you expect
Documents by Readdle Documents by Readdle - ReaddleDocs is a revolutionary document viewer, file manager and attachment saver for iPad.
It can catch documents from any source you can imagine: PC or Mac computers, web sites, email attachments, iDisk, Dropbox and other online file storages and even iPhones
Calendars - Google Calendar client Google Calendar application of your dream is here. Calendars is the most elegant and easy to use Google calendar client available on the App Store.
Calendars easily manages your calendars online and offline
Flash Drive Flash Drive - Flash Drive is a file management solution for your iPhone and iPod Touch. It allows you to use your iPhone and iPod Touch as a Wi-Fi flash drive from any Windows or Mac computers. Flash Drive has a powerful built-in file viewer that can be used to view your documents on the go