UK PubMed Central (UKPMC) provides access to:
* 1.7 million+ full text, peer reviewed published journal articles covering all fields of biomedical and health research (the UK PubMed Central repository)
* 19 million+ PubMed abstracts
* Biological patents from European Patent Office
* UK clinical guidelines sourced from National Health Service (NHS) Evidence
* UK biomedical and health PhD theses sourced from EThOS
* Agricola and Chinese Biological Abstracts databases
UKPMC provides a unique set of innovative features to streamline access to information relevant to biomedical and health research including:
* Enabling discovery, by providing access to valuable and hard to find additional content such as biological patents, clinical guidelines, theses and research reports and integrating a range of bibliographic databases - including PubMed, PubMed Central and Agricola - into a single, seamless search. Moreover, UKPMC enables you to navigate between the different content sets at the click of a button.
* Cutting edge features offered through the UKPMC development programme. Text and data mining technologies enable access to further sources of quality assured information, such as gene, protein and chemical compound databases, from relevant terms found within abstracts and full-text articles.
* Manage the information of interest to you using the Clipboard and become highly productive in UKPMC without any login or registration. The Clipboard helps you track your search queries, abstracts and even biological entities. You can export or email your Clipboard so that you can continue to be productive outside UKPMC.
* Assessment of research impact. UKPMC holds details of over 16,000 Principal Investigators and 23,000 grants. Using the UKPMC+ Grant Reporting Service, researchers, administrative staff and the UKPMC Funders can determine research outcomes by linking research grants to publications.
UKPMC developments are led by The British Library in partnership with The University of Manchester and The European Bioinformatics Institute.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Nokia Internet Tablet OS Maemo 5.0
Hotlight - Firefox Addon Hotlight brings you instant, medically relevant information. It retrieves medical images, journal articles, and definitions that match your search terms!
When you select one or more words in a Hotlight-enabled journal article -- for example, by double-clicking on them -- a small lightbulb image will appear. Click on the lightbulb to activate a Hotlight search