URL Fixer corrects typos in URLs that you enter in the address bar. For example, if you type google.con, it will correct it to google.com (asking first, if you enable confirmation).
This version will correct common misspellings of .com, .net, .org, .edu, .gov, .mil, and all other mainstream TLDs, as well as the protocol (http:, https:). By right-clicking on the address bar, you can set it to auto-correct your errors, or you can have it ask you before making any corrections.
What's New in This Release:
· Worked around a bug in Tab Mix Plus that completely breaks URL bar when URL Fixer is present.
What's New in 3.1:
· Removed SmartLinks
· Added custom replacements featured from URL Fixer Plus
· Updated for compatibility with Firefox 5/6/7/8
What's New in 2.0.3:
· Fixed startup hang in Fennec
What's New in 2.0.1:
· Added opt-in feature that allows URL Fixer to learn better typo corrections by using the domains that users type in the address bar
What's New in 1.7.3:
· Updated locales
· Bug fixes for better performance
· Removed unnecessary firstrun page
· Updated locale handling code for smaller filesize
· Updated SmartLinks code to fix bugs and improve performance
What's New in 1.7.2:
· Added SmartLinks feature
· Preparation for URL Fixer Plus
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x, Nokia Internet Tablet OS Maemo 5.0
MSDN Search - Firefox Addon MSDN Search - a convenient Firefox search add-on for MSDN.
What's New in This Release:
· Changed search plugin to go straight to social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search rather than the old search.msdn.microsoft.com which was redirecting to there
Slashdotter - Firefox Addon Slashdotter adds the following features to the Slashdot website:
* A "Reply to Selected Text" option is added to the context menu whenever you select text in a Slashdot comment or topic. The reply box is then pre-filled with the selected text, and can be formatted using your choice of format string
Twitter Filter - Firefox Addon Twitter Filter is the only way to hide updates based on their source (e.g., foursquare, gowalla, TwitterFeed). To hide updates from a source, just click the "(X)" next to that source's name underneath a tweet.
To see the sources you have already blocked (and to unblock any of them), take a look at the bottom of the Twitter sidebar
TwitterBar - Firefox Addon TwitterBar allows you to post to Twitter from Firefox's address bar. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
You can also post by typing "--post" at the end of your tweet
ScribeFire Next - Firefox Addon ScribeFire Next - Firefox Addon - This is a redesign of ScribeFire, one of the most popular add-ons for Firefox. ScribeFire is a full-featured blog editor that integrates with your browser and lets you easily post to all of your blogs
Tapsure - Firefox Addon Tapsure - Firefox Addon - Typing passwords on mobile devices sucks. If you have even a reasonably strong password (one that includes letters, numbers, and special characters), it can take more than a few seconds to type it out on a phone’s keypad or on-screen keyboard
AutoAuth - Firefox Addon AutoAuth automatically submits HTTP authentication dialogs when you have chosen to have the browser save your login information
ScribeFire Mobile - Firefox Addon ScribeFire Mobile - A full featured blog editor that integrates with Mobile Firefox and lets you easily post to your blog.
Note: Due to a bug in Mobile Firefox, you may occasionally notice that ScribeFire does not load after clicking the toolbar button. If that happens, just click the button again
FireFound - Firefox Addon FireFound is a Firefox add-on that helps your find your mobile phone if it is lost or stolen. Every time your phone's location changes, FireFound sends a secure message to a central server with its current location. You can then log into the server and see your phone's current location