AVIM - the Advanced Vietnamese Input Method – is a fast input method editor for Vietnamese that lets you type so naturally you won’t even notice it. It comes with all the functionality you expect from a modern IME, such as:
* Support for the four major input methods: Telex, VNI, VIQR, and VIQR*
* Automatic diacritic corrections and rule-based spell checking
* Sensible keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl+Alt+V) for configuring AVIM as you type
* Full support for Web applications like Gmail and Google Docs
* A compact status bar panel, optional toolbar buttons, and a preference window
* A script monitor that automatically turns off in-page IMEs to prevent collisions (also available separately)
* Compatibility with every webpage you visit and every window you open
* In-place editing that keeps textboxes from jumping around as you type – even when you undo or redo
In short, AVIM just works.
What's New in This Release:
· Restored support for Firefox 2 after over two years. Older versions of other Mozilla-based applications are now supported too.
· Added support for Firefox 4.
· Renamed the “Auto” input method to “Mixed”.
· Overhauled the preferences dialog. The reorganized and rewritten dialog is easier to understand and much more reliable. It also includes script monitor options that before were only accessible through about:config.
· Added a Dutch localization by John Willemse.
· Removed the French and Chinese localizations, which have not been maintained. If you are interested in bringing these localizations back, please contact Minh.
· Improved the security of the script monitor and Silverlight support.
· Added support for the HTML5 search box, URL, and e-mail address controls.
· Shift+Backspace now removes a diacritical mark from the preceding word like GoTiengVietFx does.
· Added support for multiline selection in Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit.
· Added support for Ace, the successor to Bespin.
· Added support for 280 Slides.
· Moved the Mudim compatibility warning from AVIM’s preferences dialog to the main Add-ons window. (The compatibility warning is not available in Firefox 4.)
· Added a help button to the preferences dialog that opens AVIM help documentation in a new window.
· The script monitor can now disable Google Virtual Keyboard in webpages.
· Added a button to Fennec’s right toolbar for enabling and disabling AVIM.
· Fixed the input method menu in the options panel in Fennec.
· Added an option to recognize password boxes to the options panel in Fennec.
· Fixed a regression in SeaMonkey where icons would not appear for the toolbar buttons except in the Customize dialog
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x, Nokia Internet Tablet OS Maemo 5.0
Other Software by developer «Minh Nguyen, Hieu Tran Dang»:
Comments on AVIM - Firefox Addon:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if AVIM - Firefox Addon supports it