Google Currents (iPhone/iPad) delivers beautiful magazine-like editions to your tablet and smartphone for high speed offline reading. Editions are all free and include:
· Publisher editions - Publishers such as Forbes, Saveur, TechCrunch, Popular Science, Good, 500px, Fast Company and more have produced hundreds of editions including in-depth articles, videos, fine photography, slideshows, live-maps, and social streams.
· Google trending editions - Google Currents uses Google search technology to hourly build a set of editions tracking the five most recent trending stories in categories such as world, entertainment, sports, science, and more. Each story is presented through a fresh edition of articles, videos, and pictures,
· Your favorite blogs and feeds - Instantly, turn your Google Reader subscriptions, or any of your favorite blogs/feeds into a beautiful edition with a magazine feel.
Each edition is available for high speed offline reading, and provides quick-touch sharing. Google Currents self-adapts to differently sized phones and tablets, with your subscriptions synchronized across devices. Google Currents - a reading experience not to be missed.
What's New in This Release:
· Audio Playlist support for editions.
· Vertical pagination for articles.
· Pinch-to-zoom on photos.
· Bug fixes and interface polish.
What's New in 2.0.1:
· Bug Fixes.
· Background audio will no longer pause when opening Currents.
What's New in 1.1.2:
· iPad Retina display support.
· Bug fixes.
What's New in 1.1:
· Instant sync while online - No need to press a sync button for updates. Just open an edition and latest content is automatically available.
· New offline reading options - Choose your favorite editions to have images available offline.
· International support - Google Currents is now available worldwide, translated into 44 languages.
· Google Translate - Translate complete editions from the "goto" menu to your preferred language.
· International trending - Local trending stories provided for US, FR, UK, DE, IT, ES, JP, AU.
· Google+ sharing - Share to select Google+ circles.
· Customize sharing options - Choose which sharing services to present in your share menu.
· Read it Later support - added Read it Later as an additional sharing option.
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «Google»:
Google Keep Google Keep - Google Keep is a note taking application for Android phones and tablets.
It allows you to create checklists, record voice notes and take photos and annotate them.
Notes are safely stored in the cloud and accessible from mobile devices and the web.
Google Keep also includes a handy widget which enables you to quickly create notes right from the homescreen
Google+ Local Google+ Local helps you discover nearby places you'll love
Google Books The Google Books application offers access to over 2 million Google eBooks on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Take your favorite books with you on the go
Google Maps Mobile Google Maps Mobile - Cruising around looking for a nearby coffee shop? Driving to that new restaurant but can't remember which street to turn right on? Now you can get business locations, maps and directions while you're on the go. And it's all free.
See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas
Google Keyboard Google Keyboard - Google Keyboard is a text input solution that simplifies typing on Android-powered smartphones and tablets. Simply trace a path over the letters of the word you want to write and the app will do the rest. And, with powerful next-word prediction and current-word completion technology, you will be able to type faster than before
Gesture Search (Android) Gesture Search (Android) lets you quickly find a contact, a bookmark, an application, or a music track on your Android device by drawing on the screen. Search results are updated as you add each letter or digit and becomes better by learning from your search history
Google TV Remote (Android) Google TV Remote (Android) - Turn your Android device into a fully functional Google TV remote! Use the mouse pad, arrow keys, and the full range of buttons. You can also share videos and web pages with the TV and even use your voice to search for content.
To get started, connect your Android device to the same network as your Google TV
Google Pinyin IME (Android) Google Pinyin IME (Android) - Google Pinyin Input Method for Android.
Please enable in "Settings" -> "Language & keyboard settings"
What's New in This Release:
· Handwriting input.
· Better support for tablet devices.
· Use system's Google account for dictionary synchronization
Boutiques Boutiques Shop the world's largest collection of curated boutiques, created or inspired by celebrities, designers, style icons, fashion trends, and popular users.
What's New in This Release:
Google Shopper (Android) Google Shopper (Android) - Find great products and deals with your Android phone. Get product pricing, availability and reviews for products by scanning barcodes and cover art, or by voice and text search. Shopper also shows you great deals around you and lets you buy, view and redeem Google Offers