Over 340,000 Hard Copies Sold - This dictionary provides full coverage of all the important terms and concepts used in medicine today. Written by distinguished practicing specialists and medical writers, it is intended primarily for workers in the paramedical fields: pharmacists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, social workers, hospital secretaries, administrators, technicians, and so on. It will also be invaluable for medical students and practicing doctors. Each entry contains a basic definition, followed- where appropriate- by a more detailed explanation or description. A feature of the dictionary is that the articles are written in clear and concise English without the use of unnecessary technical jargon. For this reason the book will also be of both interest and value to the general reader who needs a home medical dictionary.
'Excellent layout and jargon-free style'
'An extraordinary bargain'
The dictionary defines terms in anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology, as well as in all major medical and surgical specialties. Its coverage of psychology and psychiatry, public health medicine and dentistry is unusually comprehensive, and this edition includes many new entries covering the latest developments in diagnostic radiology and radiotherapy, endocrinology, pediatrics, and urology, as well as the other medical surgical specialties. Key terms in the developing speciality of advanced life support systems have also been added as new entries. Entries for many new drugs have been included, and drug names have been revised in accordance with the recently implemented EC directive on the use of recommended International Non-Proprietary Names (rINNs); where these differ from names commonly used in Britain, the letter are included both as synonyms for the rINNs and as cross-reference entries.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- Dynamic changing of font sizes
- Learning features
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Support for MMC, memory stick, and SD memory cards
MSDict 4 Out Now!What is New?
- Fullscreen support
- Page scrolling mode added
- Handy custom filteres added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
- Fussy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
- Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
- Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition