- Extract the UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME on your memory stick.
- Obtain the 5.02 EBOOT and copy it to the UPDATE folder with the name '502.PBP'.
[This step is not required if you are already on a different 5.02 custom firmware]
- Run the updater and follow the instructions on the screen.
- The battery check can be bypassed by holding L + Triangle on launch.
- Enjoy 5.02 GEN-A.
- Suspend, Reset and Pandora options added in the recovery.
- Hide MAC Address can be enabled via configuration in recovery.
- VSH Recovery can now be opened with an option in the vshmenu.
- You can quickly exit the recovery by pressing the Select button.
- Game Categories Plugin by Bubbletune integrated (enabled by default, can be disabled in recovery).
- Option to reboot in to official firmware in the recovery, it will remain like this until the next cold reset.
(Slim Only, support for the Phat PSP might be added later)
- Slim Colors Patch by Bubbletune integrated, enable in the recovery and flash 13-27.bmp to your flash0.
This will allow you to use the Slim Colors on your Phat PSP.
- Higher homebrew compatibility compared to other 5.02 custom firmwares.
- Functional 5.02 pops (keep pops compatibility in mind).
Using Game Categories (taken from the original readme):
- Create folders prefixed with 'CAT_' in the GAME, GAME150, GAME5XX or ISO folder.
- Fill them with everything you want to appear for that specific category (if you have the same category name in two or more folders they will be mixed).
- Keep the Sony file length limitations in mind, due to the name of the category being added to the total length, the length of each filename will increase even more.
If a corrupt icon shows up, try lowering the length of the filename.
- Boot your PSP, open vshmenu and select the appropriate category.
- I'll release a 1.50 kernel add-on in a few days.
- The very latest 5.00 popsloader from Dark_AleX can be used in this custom firmware.
- You can't share the files located in your flash0 between multiple machines, instead, share the updater.
- Installation of this custom firmware remains at your own risk, even though it has been tested througly, we can not provide any guarantee.
About homebrew-only version:
- This version of the custom firmware aims at supporting game developers and allowing things such as running homebrew, modding your XMB, etc. But removing support for POPs and ISO's.
- In the future we might hope to find something similiar to this in an official firmare, a dream, perhaps. :)
- You can select whether you want to install the Full or Lite version in the updater, and your selection can be changed later.
- This version saves about 70kb of flash0 space!
- This program lets you convert 5.00 M33 Themes to 5.02 GEN Themes.
in a ms-dos prompt, the same file input is converted in output
- Use with CXMB in this package
- Included in this package are English, French and Spanish. English one is only included for translation purposes, as the recovery has the English one embedded inside and will switch to it when your own language is not found.
- You can place your language files in either ms0:/seplugins or flash1:/, after which they will be used if the appropriate language was selected in the XMB.
- Dark_AleX: For the original custom firmware.
- PSPGen: For all their support and allowing us to release the CFW on their site.
- Bubbletune: For giving me and allowing me to use his Game Categories Plugin and Slim Colors source code.
- Granite: For creating the ICON0.PNG used in the updater.
Enjoy the custom firmware and have a happy new year,
Miriam and the rest of the GEN development team :-)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Half Byte Loader r107 Patapon 2 demo Half Byte Loader r107 Patapon 2 demo
Thanks to the work of JJS, J416, Neur0n, and with the help of the great community at /talk, great improvements have been made to HBL
Flash copy Another day and another flash copy update! Gracz54 has updated his flash copy homebrew application to v1
Reboot for CIntro A couple of days ago, QJ tipster bruce33 sent us a note regarding a homebrew application called Recovery mode 3
Custom Firmware Enabler Custom Firmware Enabler
CustomFirmware Enabler 2.51 to 5.03 ChickHen by Xenogears and Becus25.
- A program that activates the functions of the M33 custom firmware using ChickHen.
What do I need?
- A PSP (Model 2000)
- Firmware version 5.03.
- ChickHen R2 (at least, look out with the patched versions may cause errors!).
Config Cleaner 3.00 How to use:Start Config Cleaner and select a option depending on your needs
Title_Uninstaller Ever installed a WAD channel on your Wii and forgot where you put it? Here's a new Wiibrew program that will let you remove the WAD ticket
Hello World Application for 2.0-2.80 PSP's Hello World Application for 2.0-2.80 PSP's
This download contains the necessary .tiff picture to execute the "hello world" application on a tiff-enabled PSP (up to 2.80). Just extract the file to your photo directory of your memory stick and launch it on your PSP
Comments on Custom Firmware 5.02 GEN-A:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Custom Firmware 5.02 GEN-A supports it