We've forgotten already how many times Dark_AleX has left the community drunk and reeling because of his genius. Wasn't it just yesterday when he showered all of us mana from heaven, which is better known as Customizer Firmware 3.02 OE-A? For some time now, such releases have always been followed by a similarly nifty homebrew application: BadBoy's customizer. This time, as you've guessed it, is not any different.
As the name implies, the Customizer is a tool that helps users customize firmwares to their liking. The latest version supports the features listed below and the actual steps of applying them:
* Change your font/gameboot/sound: Simply put the files(ltn0.pgf, gameboot.pmf or opening_plugin.rco) into the root of your Memory Stick and start the Customizer. Choose a point from the menu, wait a short time and tadaaa.
* Change your background images: Simply put the files(01.bmp, 02.bmp, ...) into the root of your Memory Stick and start the Customizer. Choose the background you want to flash, press X, wait a short time and tadaaa
* Change the menu text: Create a dump of Sony's Firmware 2.50. Go to flash0/vsh/resource and copy the file topmenu_plugin.rco to your Memory Stick. Just edit the file with a hex-editor. Then start the Customizer and choose the menu point.
* Disable/Enable Network Update: Once you have started the Customizer pick point 8 or 9.
* Dump/Flash registry: Start the customizer and choose point 10 to dump the registry. The files are saved to ms0:/system.dreg and ms0:/system.dreg. To flash the registry again put the two files (system.dreg and system.ireg) in the root of your Memory Stick and choose point 11.
* Dump complete Flash: Choose the last Menupoint and wait a short time. After finish the dump all files are found in ms0:/flash0 and ms0:/flash1
As always, BadBoy reminds everyone that this application has the potential to brick your PSP units. Use it at your own risk (The Read Me file is begging you to, well, read it first) and be sure that your battery has been charged at least 50%. Aside from the above mentioned, FW3.02OE Customizer v1.0 also comes in with a better graphics menu as well as a feature that checks first for atleast 22MB free space on MS for complete Flash Dump.
BadBoy is good! Yebah!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
MyWindows Fusion 3.XX.2.1 Download the latest version of MyWindows [Click Here]from Lordvisaris:Hello all, then voila I go out the first demo version of the kernel of MyWindow Fusion
rGameboot 0.6 One of the devs who frequent the QJ forums, becus25, has just released v0
X-flash X-FlashHomebrew developer Art is at our doorsteps today (figuratively) to inform us that there's a new version out for his X-Flash program
RSPsar Dumper RSPsar Dumper
Not long after we received word that Sony's Official Firmware 4.05 was decrypted, we find that Red Squirrel has updated the RSPsar Dumper to version 3.5, with support for 4.05. Here's the changelog from Red Squirrel:
-Added support for 4.05 Official Firmware
-Fixed usbhostfs.prx that did not work in CF 4.01M33
-My last public update for this homebrew
Power PRX Power PRX
The Unique Warrior has once again updated Power PRX, bumping it up to version 3.0. This time, he's decided to give in to a few requests and added a new config file for button combinations as well as a new brightness mode.
In version 2.0, support was added for firmware 1.5 users. To install this PRX on a PSP running firmware 1