Powder Release 101 Jeff Lait's great homebrewed Roguelike game, Powder, just broke its 100th update (check out its 96th release here) and is now on its 101th version in order to commemorate the start of a (hopefully) another set of a hundred updates for Powder. It looks like some people were afraid that the 100th revision may be the last release of new content and versions of the game.
There's quite a handful of changes that come with this release, including Jeff's personal favorite, the nerfing of Soul Suckers. Check out the entire changelog, which is quite a long read, for the updates. Better make yourself a sandwich before reading it:
Release 101 changelog:
* Before I go any farther, I have corrected the spelling of recieve in Klaskov's description. (Rapacity)
* "Adventuring can make onE hungry..." (TemporalParadox)
* Items will fall down holes and be teleported by teleport traps. (Patch by Richard Quirk)
* Transparent spelled properly in Options menu (Michael Brough)
* Identify spell takes effect after inventory is cleared so you won't end up with the new name of the item clipped.
* Leaving the inventory by pressing the Inventory Icon will no longer consume a turn.
* The classic font has two pixel corrections (Markus Maier)
* You now have a choice of five different fonts, four of which have been crafted by Markus Maier. Default is one of his - a shadowed variant of the default font.
* You are now prompted to enter the dimensional portal when you step on it, avoiding issues where people didn't know they needed to climb into it.
* Loading a game that was saved with a from-disk tileset when you no longer have a valid from-disk tileset will no longer crash. (Markus Maier)
* If you are petrified while possessing a creature, you automatically release possession (with system shock) rather than ending the game. (wings)
* Uninitialized memory caused all creatures to be very noisy after a load, allowing you to sense them with H. (Deozaan)
* In memory of Nick Sabo's lost character, there is now an Option to Collapse the dungeon. This destroys all non-quest items on the floor of levels other than your own. Debug Info has been augmented to report your total item usage. This can be used to avoid memory problems on the GBA pending an auto-collapse mode. (Nick Sabo)
* 50% bonus to food value when eating corpses when you have the Butchery skill (Derek Ray)
* "The spear falls into the water" now has a period at the end.
* When you pray your current god is reported. (Brendan)
* When you load a game or gain a level as a Cultist you will receive the behaviour hint. (Beefhaze)
* Description of Soul Suck spell now uses amnesic rather than amnesiac as it is an adjective, not a noun.
* A new pointed medium weapon: Rapiers. (Terje Bo)
* You can now choose your gender at character creation. (Bridget Farace, Irashtar)
* Amnesia inflicted from soul suckers will end a few turns after the soul sucker is killed.
* New skill: Disarm.
* A bad pointer cast has been removed, hopefully will compile on 64 bit platforms now. (elcugo)
* The free spell slots and skill slots of creatures is no longer there hit and magic dice. Instead it is a much lower number. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of polymorphing into an Iron Golem as you won't have enough skill/spell slots to effectively use the new form.
* You can no longer use teleport control to teleport into Belweir's Library. (Derek Ray)
* Created a Wish action which is useful for debugging.
* Hitting up at the top of the inventory will bring you to the bottom of the previous column, and vice versa. This lets you iterate over your inventory by only hitting a single button. (Tim Allen)
Whew! That's a lot, and if you were eating a sandwich you would have finished it by now. Anyway, you can download the latest version in the download link below as always. Be sure to check out the readme notes before installation. Enjoy!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Return to Tyrian .NDS format Return to Tyrian .NDS format Developer El Hobito has released a new shoot 'em up homebrew game for the DS today called Return to Tyrian. The game features a nice user interface, this isn't one of those 5-minute projects, the developer has actually spent some time on this; and excellent use of the Dual screens
PSP Mario - The New Worlds PSP Mario - The New Worlds-
What The Game Is?
This game is my own personal attempt at trying to clone super mario bros
Updated Snake Updated Snake
Isak Gundrosen, the very same guy who created the original artwork for Shine's Lua Game Snake, has written us about a recent update he made to the classic game. (Told you a lot of people are getting nostalgic with these recent happenings.)
According to him it's still the same concept (controls, objective, etc
Who is on Fire? Who is on Fire?- In this game, players take on the role of a fireman and the objective is to save as many penguins as possible from a burning establishment.
Who is on Fire? was created by three developers, namely section, Yan2Yan, and Genevois, over at XtreamLua.com
Tiled Tiled-Tomaz who was just here a few says ago is is back with the update to his homebrew puzzle game called Tiled.
The game is the the PSP version of a slide puzzle Tomaz created for the PC a while back.
Zelda: The Return demo v0.0.1 Zelda: The Return demo v0.0.1
There's been quite a handful of homebrew Legend of Zelda clones for the PSP before, and here comes a new one: Zelda: The Return from French PSP coder, darksidious77. This release is just a demo for the full game - a Lua-coded game at that - and it involves another quest to save Princess Zelda
2DEarth Demo 2DEarth Demo - The concept:
You direct a character that can cursor through its added elements on the card and climb mountains, etc .... But the game is primarily a game engine and management of advanced animation and maps coded in lua OOP (Object-oriented programming), the code is quite simple to understand, I have not used metatble
Comments on Powder Release 101:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Powder Release 101 supports it