Team Duck Productions
Date Started: July 23rd
Date Finished: July 31st
(I originally entered this in the psp-programming.com competition, but they were disorganized so I decided to just release this for the hell of it...nearly a month later)
I was thinking one day about what I should make...so I thought back to my starcraft days. I remembered playing 'use map settings' and there were a bunch of user-made games that got dubbed the name 'Bounds'. These bounds were usually a series of obstacle courses, and you had to get through the different obstacles to get to the next level. They were very fun because you had to use a combination of quick thinking, and team work with your fellow players.
So anyways, I decided to make my own little Bound.
The initial plan was to have multiplayer, but for now I have a series of single player maps.
The code at its current stage is completely user friendly because I figured this could be a community project. The code is based entirely on the variety of colours in a map. You can make maps very easily in mspaint(or any other image making program), and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org, I will do my best to include them in the game.
Some restrictions for maps.
- The image must be 480x272(It can be bigger if you need it to...just ask me first)
- If you're going to make an obstacle, make sure it's a solid colour(or a series of solid colours), for example, if you want the RGB code (200, 200, 200) which is grey, to kill the player, just let me know :P.
- By default, (255, 255, 255), which is black, will kill the player no matter what. Your boundaries should be black.
- Send all maps to email@example.com, include a vivid description of how you envision the map and I'll do my best to bring it to life. Also, please include a rating of 1-10 on how difficult you want your map to be.
D-PAD/CROSS - Navigate throughout the menus
Analog - Move the mouse around
Cross - Click where you want the player to move
- The level selection screen flickers
- Some text positioning is a little off
- The boss is a little messed up
- Tons of optimizations to the game itself are to come
- Multiplayer mode is on its way
Madness - Thanks for being helpful!
CampbellFF - Graphics Extraordinaire :P
Insomniac - Fontloader
Psilocybeing - Graphics Library
Dark_Alex - conf.c/h
John_K - mp3player.c/h, and for porting libmad
Raphael - You're a good guy, and an awesome coder. Always helpful.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Mvpsp 1.0 MikeDX just compiled NJ's Mvpsp into one neat zip file, and it's now up for grabs! According to MikeDX, he took the source from NJ's page "and created a 1
Console Grab v1.2 Console Grab v1.2
The original Console Grab v1.0 gives you control of a giant hand which you use to grab consoles and handhelds for points. Yes it's weird, and yes it's also fun as heck. Anonymous D on the DCEmu forums released jos newest update which now has a two handed mode
Beats of Rage Beats of Rage
Beats of Rage is one of those solid homebrew titles that just can't be ignored. The root of Beats of rage stated out with the Senile Team intelligently combining aspects from Streets of Rage and King of Fighters to make one of the strongest homebrew experiences in a game ever
Duckhunt NDS From Smileynator: I know this has been done before
DronS From n00bey:So first, whats that game about ?Basically it's a Snake [ I think that game really everyone should know x) ] Game in 3D