Just a few days after announcing that they managed to sniff out the Illuminati exploit for PSP firmware 3.50, the Noobz team is letting the community know they've hit pay dirt - the firmware 3.50 firmware downgrader is here! Now we can all have a slice of homebrew-heaven as this'll allow all commercial Sony firmwares to be downgradable back to firmware 1.50 - the gateway to Dark Alex's Custom Firmwares.
The team further notes that the downgrader is for firmware 3.50 - which means those wanting to downgrade must upgrade to the said firmware first. Fanjita's downgrader includes a port of Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for firmware 3.50 which will automatically detect existing PSP motherboards, and will take the proper steps for the downgrade. As a recap, the Noobz team advises users to have the following ready:
1. A PSP, upgraded to the official Sony v3.50 firmware. You should also set your language settings to "English".
2. A legal Lumines UMD, either the EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002) version. The original, Platinum, or Greatest Hits versions are all fine. Support for the Japanese version will come soon.
3. Sufficient intelligence and english language skills to be able to carefully and thoroughly read the instructions.
4. It would also help if you've previously run the Illuminati Hello World, so that you're familiar with how to run the Illuminati exploit.
Of course, considering it's still in its early stage of development, risks can't be avoided. So Fanjita and his Noobz team issue these warnings:
* Any downgrader carries some risk of permanently damaging your PSP. We've done everything we can to remove as much danger as possible, but if you choose to use this downgrader, you are accepting all of the risk involved. Nobody else will be held responsible for any damage to your PSP, howsoever caused.
* Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates - although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.
* This software is provided free of charge, so that you can use legitimate homebrew on your PSP. You are explicitly prohibited from selling it, or using it to pirate commercial games or applications. If you want to play a commercial game, do the decent thing and support the developers by buying it. If you don't, then YOU are contributing to the death of the PSP software industry.
Full installation and usage instructions should be available in the bundle Downgrader_HOWTO.txt file - we strongly advise users to read that very carefully before doing anything else. Another thing to note is that this exploit is a "secret" kernel mode that, according to Fanjita, they've been hanging on to.
Also, this groundbreaking exploit was made possible thru the aid of many figures in the PSP homebrew scene. Fanjita wishes to give credit to the following:
* Everyone who has contributed to the ps2dev.org toolchain, without which none of the Noobz software would ever have been possible
* Archaemic for his original input into the Illuminati exploit
* Dark_AleX and Mathieulh, for their work on custom firmwares, HEN and the downgrader core
* The various websites who continue to develop and support the homebrew community. You know who you are, and we're not going to stir up site politics by mentioning any specific sites.
That's it for the moment, although the Noobz team's other future projects include a fix for guys stuck on PSP fw 3.10 or 3.11, and an eLoader for v3.50 HEN.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
LCFW 6.39 ME LCFW 6.39 ME
neur0n's LCFW 6.39 LME installer for official firmware 6.39 which works for all PSP models, except the PSP Go, has been updated to version 6.
Added RecoveryMode translate and custom font feature.
Added Gameboot Skip option
Custom Firmware 5.50 Prometheus-2 Custom Firmware 5.50 Prometheus-2
Homebrew coder Liquidzigong has released a new version of custom firmware 5.50 Prometheus, a modified version of CFW 5.50 GEN-D that allows you to launched all the latest titles that require firmware 6.20 without the need of any plug-in.
Support more new games
Support future encryption Games 6
AutoBoot Fixer If you're having trouble trying to automatically run homebrew programs from your PlayStation Portable's BOOT directory, then you might find this latest plugin from developer Red_Squirrel quite useful
RenPKG PS3 developer romhunter has released an updated beta version for the PS3 app RenPKG bringing this release to version 1 beta 3
Homebrew Disc Loader From Sierradev:Using the Homebrew Disc Loader, you can load homebrew programs from regular ISO9660 DVDs
Nand Currency From angelsniper45:Finally!! I gave up on cygwin and moved on to minimalist pspsdk
Half Byte Loader r109 Half Byte Loader r109
JJS Has been hard at work to improve our beloved HBL again.
As a side effect, he also fixed the issue which prevented Gpsp from going back to the HBL menu, an issue that had been here for ages
Comments on PSP Firmware 3.50 downgrader:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if PSP Firmware 3.50 downgrader supports it