RSS Reader is a J2ME MIDP application that is able to read most RSS feed versions. RSS is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other content like blogs and news.
· Add RSS feed bookmarks
· Parse RSS feeds
· Browse RSS feed headers
· Read topics
· Import and synchronize RSS feed lists using OPML format
· Update all feeds with single command
· Open item in device browser
What's New in This Release:
· Use latest antenna 1.2.1 beta.
· Use latest proguard 4.5 beta3.
· Prevent override message from causing hang on import feeds.
· Use NULL pattern.
· Use observer pattern for feed parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Use observer pattern for OPML/list parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Don't use observer pattern for MIDP 1.0 as it increases size.
· Get feed titles for blank names in OPML in FeedListParser.
· Have next item command on item display.
· Use antenna to create manifest and jad.
· Remove unused methods.
· Fixed loop.
· Fix testing code of explicit.
· Use googlecode_upload.pl to upload to Google Project Hosting.
· Create smartphone version with just MIDP 2.0
· Create archive files.
· Don't create empty version directory.
· Use zip for src as the file paths are too long for non-GPL tar.
· Use - in cod files before version instead of .
· Make test distribution target with only MIDP 2.0 and MIDP 2.0 with JSR-75.
· Remove unneeded directories.
· Fix properties for MIDP 2.0 podcast/itunes.
· Create itunes test target.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Java ME, Java Nokia 240x320, Java SE 240x320
Other Software by developer «Tommi Laukkanen»:
Mobile Trail Explorer Mobile Trail Explorer is an application where user can view and record tracks using the mobile phone and GPS device. Recorded tracks can be exported in KML or GPX formats so that they can be viewed in Google Earth application. Mobile Trail Explorer is mainly targeted for recording biking, hiking etc. trails
Nelisquare Nelisquare is a Foursquare client for Maemo devices
Mobile Twitter Client - Twim Twim is a mobile Twitter client that enables users to browse history, replies, friends, direct messages and public feeds. Users can also also update their status. Links can be opened in phone browser. User can take photo and upload it to Twitgoo or TwitPic services
TwimGo TwimGo is a Twitter client for Maemo, Symbian and MeeGo devices. It contains all the basic functionality like home, mentions, favourites etc. timelines, search, lists, trends. You can also easily open links and search mentioned hashtags. TwitPic and yFrog photo preview is shown in tweet details.
Support for MeeGo devices
Car Manager MIDlet Car Manager MIDlet - The Car Manager application is a helpful tool that can be used to monitor your car's gasoline consumption and expenses. You can easily add new tanking up entries and edit old ones. You can also examine the automatically generated report that will calculate average consumption and total values from your entries
Mobile Task Manager Mobile Task Manager is a GTD tool for your mobile phone. You can store your actions, todo items, references, grocery lists, etc. in the application. Items can have notes for details and user can mark certain items as favorite. You can also create hierarchies with folder structures. You can easily purge completed items from memory (handy especially with grocery lists)
ChromeBall ChromeBall - A small game of Labyrinth. The idea of game should be pretty familiar to everyone. You will need to guide the metal ball to goal by tilting the game board. On each level there is one hole more compared to previous level. Levels are created randomly