Astromist (Palm OS) - Astronomy tool to easily locate and compute position of stars (up to 2.5 million),planets or sky objects (18200 included) of most well known catalogs
It provides powerfull sky chart to easily find objects, Hipparchos and Tycho stellar catalog, objects photos, moon phases calendar to plan your observation session, many sky objects (more than 18200).
Plus, if you want to pilot your scope with your PDA, Astromist is done for you. It controls severals kind of telescope (meade, celestron, takahasi, losmandy, ouranos, bbox, ..) and provides GPS support to locate you automatically on the earth !
Using Astromist sky chart, 2 stars alignment has been never made so easy. For more advanced astronomers,Astromist provides several stars alignment methods to get accurate pointing on sky objects and planets on every type of mount (home made with encoder or commercial home).
"Everything in a few taps and hollow your hand" was the guiding principle behind the design of Astromist.
What's New in This Release:
· Fix crash when using FinderAssistant
· Add grey images of solar system planets and satellites.
What's New in 3.0:
· New planning view inside NightTripper
· New Night Trip Feature inside NightTripper to select and sort the best objects (planet, comet, meteo, DSO) to see at sun set time of the selected day.
· New sorting criteria inside Night Tripper to sort object upon their visibility over the horizon
· New 3D simulator inside planet assistant now lets you play with all the planet and their major natural satellites
· New zoom in/out feature into jupiterAssistant to let see a wide view of Jupiter and its satellite as well as the closer view to see the shadows and transit over jupiter surface
· New distribution package
· Add display of the name of the bright stars into the sky charts
· Add a scroll bar into all list (the older request into the wish list)
· Add common names for double stars and use them into sky charts
· Add the display of the Crater Diameter into moon map when selectig a crater from the moon map
· Add the hour angle into Polar finder of AligmentAssistant
· Add TLE age into Data page of EarthSatellite Assistant
· Improved display of Meteor shower information into NightTripper (display maximum, star and end, fix visibility indicator)
· Improved display of double stars information into Night Tripper an ObjectInfo (Separation in arc seconds)
· Improve date selection management when using Night Trip (Night Trip starts after Sun Set if selected hours is during day time, else it starts at the selected hour)
· Improved Skychart rendering speed when scrolling on T5 and Tx
· Improved Globe rendering speed into Eclipse Assistant, Satellite Assistant as well as Mars view 3D rendering
· Improved accuracy of conjunction and opposition date computation into Event PlanetAssistant
· Improved accuracy of red spot transit computation for past date into JupiterAssistant
· Improved display of the eyepiece list into Selection Criteria
· Update some default values (delatT & GRS longitude)
· Refresh Comet and Satellite catalogs
· Refresh default eyepiece catalogs
· Fix bugs into Eclipse Map for eclipse with start date before 0h UT and end date after 0H UT
· Fix SAO bugs into the catalog
· Fix bug into NightTrip on sorting criteria
· Fix bug into Selection Criteria when using Sky Elevation
· Fix bug into Selection Criteria (using visibility criteria) when selecting meteor shower
· Fix bug into MarsAssistant (flip of moon was not done according flip selector)
· Fix bug (bad planet selection) when going to skychart from PlanetAssistant Events
· Fix bug into cometdb tool
· Fix several other bugs
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
astrolib astrolib - The astrolib library calculates planetary positions and timezones.
Positions of sun, moon and planets up to Pluto are calculated with an accuracy of the order of one arc minute for dates less than a century away from now. Calculations are based on approximation formulae by Paul Schlyter, which are in turn based on a preprint of a paper by T. van Flandern and K
Navigate Navigate is a Palm OS program for computing the range and bearing between any two points on the Earth's surface OR the end location given a starting location, range and bearing.
It will compute these solutions for either lines of constant bearing (loxodromes or rhumb lines) or the shortest possible path on the Earth (geodesics or great circle routes)
SunFly SunFly allows computation of sunrise and sunset observed from an aircraft
Lunar Lunar - Astronomy for the Palm OS. Lunar helps you observe the Moon by showing you the phases, the position in its orbit around Earth, the distance from Earth, its age in the current lunation and the percentage of illumination. It also gives you the names of the prominent features on the face of the Moon and the major quarters in the current lunation
Astronomy Terms - English/Spanish This is a free dictionary for BDicty program. This dictionary contains 520 Astronomy Terms translated from English to Spanish and vice versa
Messier! Messier! is a complete Messier object observing program
Night Sky Night Sky is an application that is designed to help backyard astronomers, teachers, parents and any one else learn about the 88 constellations and their major stars. A simple user interface allows users to quickly display any of the constellations and a single tap further identifies any displayed star
Daily Astronomy Data 2011 Win Mobile Daily Astronomy Data 2011 Win Mobile - Jim Edwards had an annual ritual. Every year he would read magazine articles about the up-coming Orionids meteor shower. The trouble was, he always seem to read about them after-the-fact! Jim consistently missed one of nature`s finest celestial displays
Jim is not alone
Planets Planets is an educational document with which you can start to learn about the physical characteristics of the different planets in our solar system.
The program includes 3D models with realistic textures based on the surfaces of the planets, and a wide variety of information such as: distance from the sun, diameter, mass, atmospheric composition, surface matter and more
Other Software by developer «Cyrille Thieullet»:
Comments on Astromist (Palm OS):
Date: 1 Jul 12
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Astromist (Palm OS) supports it