MobileHomeCam - To run MobileHomeCam you will need:
- a WebCam connected to your PC, which must have .NET Framework 1.1 installed
- a small program, available from the website, making said PC into a server
- port 1024 (by default) of your firewall open on your PC (or router)
- to connect your Pocket PC (you'll need .NET Compact Framework for Pocket PC 2002) and PC to the Internet
- the MobileHomeCam program on your Pocket PC
- to edit the user.xml file in the setup directory on your Pocket PC.
You'll need to enter the IP address of your PC.
Once everything is configured, you can use the Pocket PC to view what is being recorded on your web cam with the help of two buttons: "Get Image" which takes a photo and "Loop" which automatically takes a photo every one or two seconds.
Ignoring the fact that you need to manually edit the user.xml file, 3 major flaws still exist:
- you need to know the IP of the PC. Not easy to know if you are moving around and don't have a fixed IP!
- the Pocket PC must be connectly directly to the Internet. So, you can't use an ActiveSync "Pass Through" connection on a seperate PC
- it won't work on a local network: the two machines, PC & PPC must have different Internet connections.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
Cameracontroller Cameracontroller - Control your Wowwee Rovio web cam from your phone. This app can connect to and display the MJPEG stream from the Rovio.
You can move your Rovio by draging your finger over the displayed video stream and even rotate the camera with a two finger rotation movement
View2road Lite View2road Lite - This application will allow you to watch any live cameras from your favorite roads worldwide, anywhere you are, from your Windows Phone.
1. Go to “browse”
2. Select the country of the road
3. Select the road
4. Select the camera
You can zoom the images from the cameras and move to the next camera dragging your finger over the image
View2ski Lite View2ski Lite - This application will allow you to watch any live cameras from your favorite ski resorts worldwide, anywhere you are, from your Windows Phone.
You can zoom the images from the cameras and move to the next camera dragging your finger over the image. Double tap screen to zoom in and out
Cascades Camera Free Cascades Camera Free - Easily view webcams in the Washington Cascades. Perfect for hikers and skiers: never miss a sunny day in the mountains again!
* Access over 25 cameras in the Cascades and Olympics, from the North Cascades National Park all the way south to Mt St Helens.
* Pick a general area, then swipe left or right to look at all the cameras there
Eagle Cam Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagle Cam is one of the most popular wildlife webcams in the U.S. The live feed has appeared on WVEC.com since 2006. During nesting season, thousands of Eagle Cam fans gather
Sydney Traffic Tweets Live This is a Live traffic tweet app that gives updates in the form of tweets for all (inner, south, west, north) Sydney
Sydney Traffic Live-Info This is a Live traffic app that gives updates in the form of feeds for inner, south, west & north Sydney
RC Camera RC Camera - IP cameras monitoring software for Windows Mobile devices. Application uses a jpeg-mode of a camera (to reduce the traffic). The communication with the camera is accomplished by the use of CGI-commands. The definite commands are set in the camera working profile
TrafficEdge TrafficEdge - View Critical Traffic Information Real-time with over 8,000 Traffic Camera Images and Traffic Maps. Check Traffic status at home, work or even when on the road. There is no monthly subscription fee or recurring costs.
With TrafficEdge you will always know the right way home