tGetFile.dll-Microsoft has provided a restricted File Dialog for Pocket PCs and Palm-size PCs. The dialog can open files only under the "My Documents".
tGetFile.dll is an alternative File Dialog which does not have this restriction. With tGetFile.dll installed, Tillanosoft PocketNotepad or such programs that support tGetFile.dll can pop up an alternative file dialog to open arbitrary files under any folder. Smartphone version is also available here. However, please note that tGetFile.dll provided from this page is available only for unlocked Smartphone devices. For locked Smartphone devices, use tGetFile.dll which is delivered with a compatible program, and has digital signature. Update Description:
- Windows Mobile 5 soft keys have been supported.
- A problem which added redundant file extensions when file extensions was displayed has been fixed.
- A problem with pressing OK button while editing file name has been fixed. tGetFile.dll returned previous file names in such cases.
- A problem in renaming into invalid file names has been fixed. tGetFile.dll closed its dialog box soon after displaying an error message when a user attempted to rename a filename into an invalid one.
- Landscape and portrait QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphones are now supported. tGetFile.dll resizes its edit box and so on for the resolutions.
- A border line of list box was not drawn in some case for QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphone. This problem has been fixed.
- Column width for file name list has been re-adjusted for QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphone. v4.3:
- File extensions are now optionally displayed via Options dialog box.
- Tool tips have been added to toolbars on Pocket PC versions.
- An SDK problem has been fixed. Specifying long extensions via SDK (lpstrDefExt) caused the extensions be cut to 3 character long.
- Initial column width for detail view on VGA Pocket PCs has been widened. v4.2:
- tGetFile.dll has improved compatibility with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC VGA mode. It now draws the separator line in appropriate thickness when it is called from hi-resolution aware applications.
- Hidden command (Ctrl+I) for showing the current version added. v4.1:
- Smartphone is supported.
- Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC is fully supported including VGA screen and landscape layout.
- "Cancel" button is newly added. "Ok" and "Cancel" button on the menu bar in the bottom was removed.
- Folder names including periods (.) are now displayed including periods and extensions. Such names were displayed without extensions.
- New application interface for .NET CF programs is added. Now, .NET CF programs are able to use tGetFile.dll.
- The list view area is now a little bit wider than before, which eliminates the surrounding lines.
- Renaming a folder or a file now moves the folder/file line in the list box, in the case raising SIP hides the folder/file line, so that, the folder/file line will not be hidden by the raising SIP.
- A problem in opening renamed file has been fixed. tGetFile.dll opened the previous file name in the case the opening operation was performed just after the renaming operation. v4.0:
- GUI has changed to have more Pocket PC taste.
- Palm-size PC version has retired.
- File management functions such as creating a folder, renaming a file or folder, and deleting a file or folder have been added to the file dialog.
- Tap&Hold now functions at "Name" box of file dialog, and cut, copy and paste functions are now available there.
- Tapping OK while "Name" box is empty now behave as canceling.
- "Name" box can be hidden in tGetOpenFileName(), by specifying an option flag by application programs.
- A few other minor modifications have been made. v3.0:
- Internationalized. From this version, localization of tGetFile.dll could be easily achieved.
- OFN_PROJECT flag has been supported to browse for folders.
- OFN_NODEREFERENCELINKS flag has been supported.
- File name body can now be returned unless lpstrFileTitle member of OPENFILENAME structure is NULL.
- A hook for obtaining the version of tGetFile.dll has been created.
- Control for automatic insertion of default extension given via a parameter of GetOpenFileName/GetSaveFileName added. The insertion would not be done if a user entered a name surrounded by double quotations (").
- Behavior of tGetFile dialog when OK button was depressed without giving any file name has been changed. It now refreshes the items of list view.
- Entering filename with '*' and/or '?' refreshes the file list using the filename as a filter.
- Shortcuts to folders are now always listed regardless of file filter.
- Warning has been added for invalid filenames with invalid characters.
- Duplicated '*.mpeg' items observed when PocketTV accesses to remote folders has been removed.
- Fixed icons for shortcuts on Pocket PC 2002.
- A few more minor modifications have been made.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
GLibPPC Pocket PC GLibPPC 0.35A -graphic library for Pocket PC. Its main goal is to simplify developpers' work by providing primitives and recurring functions for games, demonstrations etc. It is the first library which provides the load of the CPU in real time, a vital indicator when one wishes to optimize the graphic performances of Pocket PC
RAPI2 Managed Library RAPI2 Managed Library - A managed wrapper to access the features exposed by the COM interfaces for the Remote API 2. These classes allow the developer to access information, files, and the registry on a mobile device connected through ActiveSync from desktop applications.
What's New in This Release:
· Adds new test UI.
What's New in 1
Mobile Programmers Editor Mobile Programmers Editor - Do you need to write applications on-the-go?
Do you need a tabbed editor with useful features for programmers?
Then try this source code editor for Windows Mobile.
· Tabbed editor
MobiAccess Development Framework MobiAccess Development Framework Demo
MobiAccess - One solution for all platforms!
MobiAccess is a mobile development framework that enables developers to easily create mobile applications for data collection without extensive knowledge on mobile development. It handles data replication (mobiSync) and data visualization (mobiVision) as well
The Yard Lite The Yard Lite: Overview
Think "Pick - A - Part" for software developers, educators, students and the curious minded.
The Yard is designed for anyone interested in learning how realistic game effects actually work
Frolic Samples for XNA Frolic Samples for XNA - The Frolic Game Framework is an open source library to make 2D game development easier. Share most of your game code between XNA and Silverlight so that you can change your mind later if necessary. These samples demonstrate some of the basic capabilities of Frolic and you can get the source code at http://frolic.codeplex
m9editor m9editor is your little helper when it comes to editing manila files. It lets you edit nearly all aspects of a mode9 file. Additionally it will assist you with graphics, allowing import, export and CFC compression. And it includes a directory viewer with information specific to manila files.
m9editor is written in .net, so .netCF3
FollowMyFeed FollowMyFeed - Bring the opportunity to your users to follow your news from their mobile phones, at any time, even without a connection!
FollowMyFeed allows you to quickly create your Windows Phone 7 application for free without any technical knowledge.
Let us guide you through a simple interface for creating an application to your image
nueLED2 nueLED2 - nueLED2 is an open source LED control library. The control libraries are licensed under LGPL v3.0, while the sample applications are licensed under the MIT license. A .NET wrapper is also included.
nueLED2, unlike nueLED, does not provide a user interface for controlling LEDs (yet!)
Pocket Notepad Pocket Notepad- The concept of PocketNotepad is "To provide the same feature as Desktop Notepad does" or "Nothing added to the original Notepad". :-) That is, no toolbars, rebar bands, etc...
On the other hand, it does not provide several functions as it is becoming to its name
SmallMenu SmallMenu - The task manager and launcher. SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus are Pocket PC softwares which integrate task manager and cascading program launcher. You can execute, switch, and close programs by SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus. Executing SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus will bring up an integrated menu which contains a task list with icons and cascading program menus
SpaceLeft SpaceLeft -Monitoring free space on the flash card.
Windows CE itself does not provide the functionality to show the amount of free space in flash memory area (Note: I noticed that this is not true with H/PC pro and Pocket PC. Written on Jul 11, 2000). Instead, several software provides this functionality. However, I did not feel comfortable with any of them
PocketTweak PocketTweak is a small program for Pocket PC to configure device settings without using any registry editors. That is, PocketTweak is a Pocket PC version of SmallTweak.
The following settings can be configured with the current version of PocketTweak:
To associate Extensions with Applications.
Device power off time.
ProgramMenu Toys ProgramMenu Toys is a set of programs, which assist ProgramMenu in replacing the Start Menu. ProgramMenu Toys consists of 3 programs, Start, Suspend, and Today. For the 3 programs, you can easily imagine what they do by their names.
The initial version of ProgramMenu Toys (Ver 1
ProgramMenu ProgramMenu -Cascade launcher.
When Microsoft released Windows CE 2.0, I felt happy with the new cascading Start Menu. Until then, I felt uncomfortable with the monolithic menu, and I used to use Cascading Menus which was included in the Power Toys for Windows CE 1.0.
A few years later, Microsoft introduced new Windows CE 3.0 based Pocket PC
Pocket NotePad Smartphone Pocket Notepad - This handy editor functions similarly to Windows Notepad, so using it will be easy. Files are saved as pure text, without any formatting
tGetFile.dll Smartphone tGetFile.dll - File Dialog Box for Pocket PCs. The dialog box can open files only under the "My Documents". tGetFile.dll is an alternative File Dialog Box which does not have this restriction. With tGetFile.dll installed, Tillanosoft PocketNotepad or such programs that support tGetFile