Deank Brings FTP Plugin Support for PS3: Transfer and Game At the Same Time - Plugins are about to be a pretty big deal in the PS3 scene. I know that because of releases like this one. Deank's FTP plugin is now out of beta and working well!
Following the release of U$er's Prx Loader proof of concept, deank began some work of his own. In just a few short days he has created what looks to be a pretty solid FTP plugin for Sony's current-gen console. With it, you'll be able to transfer large files to and from your system while taking part in other tasks. Want to play a mission in GTA V while transferring over a new backup? That's what this is for. Is uses PRX Loader 1.0 so please make sure you search for that in our downloads section too. The release notes are below!
vsh_ftp_server_prx.zip (27.16KB) (sprx+source)
* Added support for DATE/TIME when listing folders
* Added proper support for PWD, LIST, MLST, MLSD and MKD commands
* Added back "FEAT" command to help ftp clients negotiate the connection easier
* Added support for passive mode (PASV)
* Renaming of files/folders now work
* Increased send/receive buffer size a bit (reaching 9+MB/s)
* No longer a POC, but fully functional
ftp_server.sprx - 11 562 bytes
Pros: - PS3 FTP server on port 21 while in XMB/vsh/games (or port 8021 if 21 is used):
1) Browse, create, delete, rename files and folders
2) Send / Receive files
3) Full access to the PS3 filesystem
4) Speed: 7 to 10MB/s
5) Login: anonymous | Password: (anything)
6) Custom command: "SITE SHUTDOWN" will shutdown the ps3 (usually a prompt will appear at next boot to confirm that everything is ok) 7) Write access to /dev_flash (mounted as dev_blind)
My test: While loading "Beyond: Two Souls" I transferred 3 movies to /dev_hdd0 - 3GB each, without noticing game stutters or glitches
This is a fully functional plugin now.
Let me know if you can test it with @user 's PRXLOADER. (edit plugins.txt or rename ftp_server.sprx to my_plugin.sprx)
Thanks goes to @user for the great prxloader tool and cobra for the release!!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PS3 Homebrew developer Onishin has created and released an update to jjolano's OpenPS3FTP app.A What does this homebrew app do?A Well, it will split your files that are larger than 4 GB which will make it easier to transfer the PS3 files.
Here is a quote from logic sunrise on the steps to take to use this app
Red Kawa File Server One thing Red Kawa found out when working on their PS3 video format converter and player was that swapping out all those Memory Sticks, memory cards, USB HDDs, and so forth, was a tedious and annoying workout
Showtime Test Build Showtime Test Build
Want to manage your media and have an awesome FTP client? This new Showtime test build is just what you're looking for!
Showtime is one of the best ways to get your media fix on a custom firmware PS3. This new test build offers an FTP client as well as a few bug fixes that should please the fans. A full log of the changes is below!
PS3 Proxy A couple of days ago, we shared with you a trick regarding how to view PS3's PlayStation Store on your PC? Immediately, our minds are filled with the tremendous amount of possibilities this development brings