CSPSP - Among other updates, the latest build of this Counterstrike-inspired homebrew game includes the addition of grenades, a grid partitioning system to optimize collision detection, and a pathfinding system for the bots.
Here are the rest of the changes that have been implemented (quoting the readme):
* Fixed a bug in the server list pinging code
* Map files are now deleted if the download is cancelled before completing
* (prevents crashes when trying to redownload the same map)
* Fixed a bug that prevented properly putting the PSP in sleep mode while the game was running
* Implemented grenades (you can only carry one grenade at a time though)
* Added the highlighted gun's image and cost to the buy menu
* Implemented a simple decal system for blood and explosion marks
* Implemented a grid partitioning system to optimize collision detection
* (larger, more complicated maps don't slow down as much now)
* Fixed a bug that made the remaining ammo count after reloading inaccurate
* Made the camera less jerky during variations in frames per second
* Added a map check that gives an error message when the map and the server's map don't match
* (this should also catch half downloaded maps that would have otherwise crashed the game)
* Fixed a bug in the knife collision check when more than two players were in contact
* Redid a lot of the bot code (they should now detect when they get stuck and try to move away)
* Implemented A* pathfinding (bots can actually find each other now instead of moving randomly)
* Made waypoints optional (bots won't move on maps without waypoints)
* Fixed a few other bugs
Nataku92 further notes that the online portion of this game build will only run on PSPs with custom firmware 3.xx. To install the game, copy the CSPSP folder to your PSP/GAME folder (not the PSP/GAME150). The developer is also releasing version 1.1 the CSPSP Server, a server application designed to work with CSPSP v1.56. You will need to have Microsoft .NET Framework installed to run it on your PC.
Full details on installing and running CSPSPServer and CSPSP are available in the readme included with the bundle.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Canadian Roswell - The Video Game Canadian Roswell - The Video Game from Mr305:
This was first time I coded for the PSP -- with this project; back in 2006... It's been rotting since then; So I decided to release this
When we first saw Eaten v1.0, many screamed "Squarez copier", I know I did. However, this game is taken a radical different turn than Squarez now that we look at the recent changes. It now looks like Attack of the Mutants! Seriously, I'm not joking
Quak Arena - Demo Quak Arena - Demo
XiGency has just released his demo for the FPS title that he has been developing, Quak Arena.
No, that isn't a typo.
Quak Arena is basically an FPS work-in-progress where your enemies consist of, well, ducks
CSPSP_Extreme_(fatcat04912 mod) Download the latest version of CSPSP [Click Here]Homebrew developer fatcat04912 is letting everybody know that he's just finished working on a new modded version of Nataku 92's CSPSP homebrew, which he has dubbed CSPSP Extreme v1
Boxhead: PSP Style version 1.00 Boxhead: PSP Style version 1.00Zombie blasting action - it's a tried and true theme, and it's one developer SG57 is trying out with the release of Boxhead: PSP Style version 1.00. As its name implies, this homebrew is a clone of the highly popular Boxhead: The Zombie Wars flash game developed by Sean Cooper
Wolfenstein 3D Wolfenstein 3D - PSP homebrew coder Zack is back and he's got the latest update for his Wolfenstein3D port for the handheld. The game is currently at version 4.7 and has quite a lot of helpful fixes.
The sound issues that have been noted before have been addressed through sound fixes applied. Also, the game loader is complete and is working nicely
PSP Doom Legacy PSP Doom Legacy - What we hear from kgsws is that the homebrew developer ported over Doom Legacy for the PC to Sony's PlayStation Portable, and this first release already sports multiplayer capability
Survival Horror Clone #1 Lua app Survival Horror Clone #1 Lua app
Jman420 has began work on a PSP Survival Horror game like Resident Evil 2 for the Playstation. This clone is being made as a tribute to the 1998 game Resident Evil 2, and the great thiong about this is that the game is going to be built fully in 3D, with modelled by Jakob Getson (AKA Jman420) and textured by Rmedtx
CSPSP CSPSP - Homebrew coder nataku92 is back on the scene to release a new version of his excellent top down shooter based on Counter-Strike, CSPSP. The latest release is mostly a bug fix update that mainly addresses some of the gameplay issues and bugs from the previous release.