Like Beatlemania and avian flu, PSPKick is spreading another craze worldwide. The goldenboys of original hombrew, Noah Vawter and Nathan Wray, are back with a vengeance - that's vengeance with a capital v3.0.
Kept in captivity for 184 days of inhumane-caliber testing and steroid injection, the third installment of the world's first and greatest portable sample-based drum machine emerges stronger, smarter, and amped the F up.
And no, it's not just for beats anymore. Calling PSPKick v3.0 a beatbox is like calling a computer a Book-Report-Writing Machine. This monster is a complete mobile music editor. Among the enormous amounts of new features the duo have poured into this latest version is the ability to create melodies out of your samples with the new 'Notes' menu. Since you can now control the volume and pitches of those notes independently, v3.0 has all the controls you've ever needed to make subliminal references in a song, for example.
Since you can now play your PSP as an instrument, PSPKick v3.0 will do to instruments and samplers what the internet did to travel agents: give them a swift PSPKick in the pants.
PSPKick has been getting a tremendous amount of coverage ever since their first release due to the originality and ridiculous functionality it brings to the PSP homebrew table. (Check out their spot on Attack of the Show, or their interview in Computer Music, or even this article on the psp hacking scene from IEEE Spectrum). So to honor these two homebrew heroes, we here at PSPUpdates have given them a place to host their awesome software and their official forums and file downloads. Come join in on, trade, and listen to the fun by sharing your beats, samples and ideas about PSPKick! CLICK HERE.
For a full list of features that this beast has, download the users manual. For an abbreviated list, click on the "Full Article" link below.
Download: User's Manual
Download: PSPKick v3.0
Here's a list of the recent updates and bug fixes:
1) The new notes mode allows for complete melody
editing. It's the icing on the cake!
2) Multiple song load/save. Work on 10 songs
3) Custom user song naming. Isn't it nice to be
known as a name, not a number? Use square for
backspace when entering filenames.
4) Per step programmable pitch. This is how
you make melodies! Square + up/down on any note.
5) Per step programmable volume. Beyond accent,
make echoes, subliminal messages, and more!
Square + analog up/down on a note.
6) Per pattern programmable pitch.
Square + up/down when not on a note.
7) Per pattern programmable volume. Complete mixing
control. Square + analog up/down
on a blank space.
8) Per pattern programmable pan. Requested by
numerous users. Square + analog left/right
on a blank space.
9) Track Mute and Solo. We didn't have to,
but we did! Triangle + left/right.
10) You can now change sample parameters while
selecting samples. Because you deserve freedom.
11) You can also preview samples from sounds and
notes screens with the circle button.
12) Clear pattern added. To create you must destroy!
Press all four buttons at once!
13) Start song play at arbitrary position from
song screen. You'll wonder how you lived
without it. Analog down + start.
14) Copy pattern to next empty pattern. At special
request! Analog up + right trigger.
15) Song follow mode. Only for power users.
Read the manual to learn how!
16) Each song is now stored in a .kick file. Trade
them on our forums!
(No more song.txt and patterndata.txt.)
17) All help screens have been updated to show
help for all the new features.
18) Ghost cursors show your position in notes
screen while editing in pattern screen.
19) Triggers in song screen now update the top part
of the screen while scrolling through song.
20) Sample names and directories are now alphabetized.
21) Improved song and soundpack browsing.
22) Cursor acceleration in song, pattern
and notes screens.
23) New menu intro song by Diallo.
24) 6 New soundpacks included!
25) A smattering of Juno samples!
26) Auto-trim of empty pattern data. This speeds
up load and save times.
1) Backing out of sample restores proper file.
2) Backing out of sample audition restores
3) Smoother sample cutoff when stopping sequencer.
4) Saving song as .wav improved.
5) Read-only and archive attributes on sample
directories now ignored.
6) PSPKick.com website now compatible with 1.5 GHz
7) Disappearing editing cursors fixed.
8) Start/Stop pattern while changing samples fixed.
9) Tapering chaser light graphic in skin fixed.
10) Lagged cursor when erasing fixed.
11) Linefeed/Carriage Return fixed in save files.
12) Long file names are now truncated.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Radioplayer Pack Homebrew coder and resident tipster flofrucht has dropped by our forums to release the initial version of his latest project, Radioplayer Pack, a handy app that allows you to access various sites using the Internet Radio Player of your PSP
Live 0.9 A new PSP homebrew developer in our forums, stevendlv, has just released Live 0
Ashley Madison Dating Ashley Madison Dating - Are you .... Looking? Ashley Madison is the place for Dating & Affairs.....Shhhhhhhhh
Feeling neglected and in need of some excitement? You came to the right place