Music Launcher is a music player for Symbian s60 5th edition mobiles. With Music Launcher you can organize your music into folders. Selecting what to play is as easy as selecting several folders. Music Launcher supports sub-folders, and also individual files can be selected/unselected inside each folder. This way of organizing music has two main advantages over the "modern" way of organizing music as Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists:
* You can have your compilations into folders, and you just need to select those folders to play the desired compilations. In the Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists way of organizing music this can be achieved only by creating a playlist, which is time-consuming and rigid.
* You can listen to different music each time you start listening: just select some folders from your music, including your compilation folders. No need to create a playlist each time you want to listen to something else.
- Music Launcher plays the same music formats as the Music Player that comes with your phone. It also supports album art, and on some devices, crossfading between tracks.
- Music Launcher allows you to do some management to your music files: move, rename, delete files and folders and create new folders.
- You can send Music Launcher to your friends by Bluetooth or you can send them the URL from where to download by SMS. Spread the fun!
It is easy to stay up-to-date with new versions of Music Launcher. The application has a "Check for Updates" command that allows you to download and install new versions, once they become available.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for embedded cover art. The album art engine has been enhanced a lot.
· Album art files (cover.jpg and/or folder.jpg) are also looked into a "__Covers" subfolder of the music folders. The album art filename has the format Artist-Album.jpg. For example, if you are currently playing "e:/MyMusic/Compilation/Nightwish - Planet Hell.mp3" from the Music folder "e:/MyMusic" and if the Album and Artist metadata fields of the file's ID3 are properly set, then MLauncher is also looking for the file "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.jpg" and uses it if available.
· Further more, you can enable (from Preferences) the so called "hint files". If this is enabled, and the jpg above has not been found, MLauncher will create a file (zero length) "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.hint". You can then look what hint files are created and replace them with real album art.
· FLAC and ogg plugin comes now embedded into MLauncher, although it is not installed by default. If you try to play a FLAC or ogg file and the plugin is not installed, you will be prompted to install it.
· There is now a Dutch translation (localisation) thanks to Hans Dorssers, in addition to the Bulgarian translation.
· The management of Music folders (those folders where you have collected your music) should be now (hopefully) clearer. You cannot delete a Music folder (from the list) unless it is empty, but you can disable it, as before. Adding Music folders works now, although you should use this feature carefully.
· Many fixes and performance improvements. Much of the internal engine has been rewritten, hopefully for the better.
What's New in This Release:
· 20 volume steps on phones supporting it (Symbian Belle)
· Theme color can change to match the dominant color of the album art (off by default, on from the Options->Color menu in Music Player view)
· fixed one bug that caused most of the crashes in 0.105
What's New in 0.104 beta:
· MLauncher knows 2 types of playlists: music and audiobook. Music playlists will by default be randomized and crossfaded, audiobooks playlists will not.
· There are 2 types of "Source" folders: music and audiobooks.
· FLAC and ogg files are supported by installing an additional plugin.
· All Symbian version since 3rd edition supported, including Symbian Anna and Belle.
· Bulgarian translation (localisation) thanks to Kostadin Kolev.
· Many fixes, some performance improvements.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
S60 5th Edition
Handy Music Player that works like winamp with posibility to add/remove files to playlist, and have palylists tabs
XSound Theme - Ice Theme XSound Theme - Ice Theme - XSound Sound Player and Dictaphone theme
The Ice theme
SymbCode decided to reduce the installation file size. The skins will be available separatly from the sis file. So, after you downloaded and installed the XSound Sound Player application, you will find the skins separatly on Hanadano and on the official site, too
SymPlayer SymPlayer 1.00 is a simple audio player allowing your Symbian S60 based device to playback MP3 files directly from network locations (without hassle with copying them to the phone first). Using this toy you can browse your network for MP3 content or just play everything in designated network folders, defined as a "Play List"
MyStrands Social Player MyStrands Social Player is a music player that lets you discover new music, connect with people, and share your tastes with friends. In this latest version 3.1, it now also supports scrobbling to Last
ALON MP3 Player ALON MP3 Player is an audio player which supports MP3, OGG and WAV - the most popular audio formats with built-in 3-Band Parametric Equalizer
· You may open the menu by software buttons.
· To start/stop playback press the button "Play"/"Stop" or right software button>Play/Stop
Mp3Player S60 Ultimate media player for listening to music, podcasts, audio books, supporting bookmarks and much more
Music Player Remote Music Player Remote -Python extension that lets you interact with the native MusicPlayer: request the current player state, current track, listen to player events, etc. It also contains an extra operation from the Content Library Framework API which lets you query for extra track information (Album name, track number, genre, etc
OggPlay S60 OggPlayer - Ogg Vorbis is an audio compression format similar to mp3. However the compressed files are approximately a factor two smaller than mp3 files. To be more precise an ogg file encoded with 64kbit/sec gives approximately the same level of audio quality as a 128kbit/sec mp3 file. In addition the ogg format is a free format, i.e
OggPlay for S60 (Non MMF Version) OggPlay for S60 (Non MMF Version) - OggPlay is a music player for phones running on the Symbian Operating system.
OggPlay plays OGG files, and on some platforms MP3 and AAC too.
OggPlay was first developped for the P800 and then released under the GPL by Leif H. Wilden. In a true open source project, OggPlay was ported to other platforms
Other Software by developer «mlauncher»:
Comments on Music Launcher:
How can I set so that it plays my songs in the correct sequence, it seem to be forever in shuffle mode and hence difficult to navigate to the songs one wants to play
Date: 2 Nov 10
Date: 27 Feb 11
Date: 25 Aug 11
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Music Launcher supports it