Python for S60 - brings the power and productivity of the Python programming language to the S60 platform. The tools enable rapid application development and prototyping, and the ability to create stand-alone S60 applications written in Python.
What's New in This Release:
· Repeat support in 4-way directional pad
· Lot of memory leaks in the interpreter code is fixed.
· appuifw.app.track_allocations can be set if the interpreter should track all memory allocations and then free the memory which was not explicitly released before application exit. To debug memory leaks in 3rd party extension modules set the value to false.
· All the Pyds that have zero UID will be assigned with the applications UID at the time of packaging. As a result, Python applications can now be symbian signed. This opens the door for submitting Python applications to OVI Store.
· Pdf documentation is available in the installer/archive.
· API cleanup in the SensorFW module.
· On the below mentioned devices Python runtime and its dependencies will be installed automatically when the Python applications is started. 6220 classic, N86 8 MP, N85, 6720 classic, 6730 classic, N96, 5730 XpressMusic, N78, 5630 XpressMusic, E52, E55, 6710 Navigator, E75, N79, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, 5230, X6 and N97 mini
· Python Runtime and application sis can be on different drives. The limitation of both should be installed on the same drive is eliminated.
· Missing (platform) functionality on ensymble/Application packager: The 2nd point in the bug description is fixed
· appuifw.Icon sample code refers to non-existing file [doc error]
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Wireless Database Viewer Plus Wireless Database Viewer PlusSynchronize any desktop side database Wirelessly with your Symbian S60 3rd and 5th Edition Device(3G, EDGE or Wi-Fi). Changes on Symbian device can synchronize wirelessly and instantly to desktop database
PktPing PktPing also named Pocket Ping, is a Ping utility for Symbian S60 devices.
Note: PktPing need NetworkControl capability, you need sign it by yourself before installing
PIPS Runtime Libraries PIPS Runtime Libraries-P.I.P.S. is a term (recursive acronym) for Symbian software libraries that means, P.I.P.S. Is POSIX on Symbian OS. It is intended to help C language programmers in migration of desktop and server middleware, applications to Symbian OS based smartphones
HTML Control HTML Control-this open source project provides a CCoeControl derived class which allows Symbian C++ developers to build custom UI or to render simple web page by using HTML and CSS. By using it, you can build complex UI easily even without any knowledge of Symbian drawing APIs. Now you can focus on UI design, without being limited by technology
Qt Mobility Qt Mobility delivers a set of new APIs for mobile device functionality
mShell mShell is a complete, unlimited m implementation with comprehensive function library. m scripts and own modules can be run, developed, and communicated. In addition, it contains the applications mSupervisor (m script autostart, SMS control of mShell) and mViewer (m file type recognition)
ODBC database, QuickBooks ODBC database, QuickBooks-Quickbooks and ODBC database are now available to ordinary Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola cell phones, palm and PocketPC. You can use your cellphone to check your customer latest balance, contact and other important information on the road. Try it live at http://www.doitech.com/mobileposj2me.htm or download direct to your cellphone free at http://www
KeyPress KeyPress – If you are a Symbian application developer, you might have been anguished on how to handle the key events. You have known the TKeyEvent data structure. But what''s exactly the keycode and scancode for each key? KeyPress is a tool to solve this problem for developers. You can easily get each key''s information by the application. Please visit www
Other Software by developer «Erik Smartt»:
Comments on PyS60 Python:
if it works, thanks,.
Date: 30 Sep 10
I THINK IT WILL WORK.
Date: 9 Oct 10
Date: 15 Feb 11
works for more
Date: 18 Jul 14
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if PyS60 Python supports it