WordNet - The goal of this project is to make a high quality, free dictionary/thesaurus for the Smartphone platform. To date there is nothing out there that's both free and high quality.
Here's the official description of the WordNet database:
"WordNet® is an online lexical reference system whose design is inspired by current psycholinguistic theories of human lexical memory. English nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are organized into synonym sets, each representing one underlying lexical concept. Different relations link the synonym sets."
The features that set WordNetCE-SP apart, even from many commercial dictionary/thesaurus's are:
* It's FREE! Price is always a factor when making a product choice ;).
* It works. The frustrating thing about some software is that you have a certain expectation level, but within the first few hours of use you find it falls short, and you feel that you've wasted time and effort on something that will never do the job. Well you won't be disappointed with WordNetCE-SP; with an ever-growing list of advanced features, your experience with this software is going to start off great and just get better.
* It's easy to use. Having a lot of features is always nice, but sometimes a software interface can be overwhelming. WordNetCE-SP uses the same basic design as the original WordNet 2.0 which I always enjoyed using for its simplicity. More advanced features are behind the scenes, and not accessing them does not lessen your experience with WordNetCE-SP. Don't ignore the 'Advanced Search' section though because that's where some real power searching can be found.
* Powerful search features. Advanced search features equal or surpass most available electronic dictionary/thesaurus's. WordNetCE-SP has search capabilities for: wildcard, regular expression, anagram, scrabble®, sounds like. With that arsenal you can search words in an almost infinite number of ways. You can even use the anagram feature to create your own puzzles, by taking a word and finding all anagrams of it. WordNetCE-SP also contains all of the relations searching you will find in WordNet, in the same convenient way. Noun, Verb, Adjective and Adverb buttons along the top of a screen let you take an overview search further by branching into synonyms, meronyms, and a lot of other relation matching searches.
* British/US spelling. You can search with either spelling and it will give you both. This is a feature most available electronic dictionaries are missing.
* Large, modern word list. WordNet is quite a massive project that is still evolving with more words and more relations. At present there are 144,309 unique words in WordNet. A great many modern terms can be found too. One way to judge a dictionary is to challenge it with words such as 'spam' and see if you get reference to email.
* Formatted, colour-coded results. Search results are easy to read with the colour-coding. Synonyms, the definition and quoted sample sentences are each colour-coded to allow quick reference to whichever search results component you are looking for.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone
MERRIAM-WEBSTER DICTIONARIES Windows Mobile Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products. Dictionary making at Merriam-Webster has always been an ongoing process. Even as the 1859 edition was being published, editorial work on a completely new edition was under way
Oxford Dictionary of English (Windows Mobile Standard) The Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on the English language. It presents words according to their current use and frequency based on the evidence of the Oxford English Corpus, an unrivalled collection of hundreds of millions of words of modern English
Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus (SmPh) Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus - WordNet® is a large lexical database of English with up to 140,000 entries and more than 1.4 million words, developed by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University
Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary Merriam-Webster for Windows Mobile Smartphone
Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products
Duden - German dictionary of foreign words Correct comprehension and usage of 50,000+ foreign words. Dictionary offers a thorough survey of the up-to-date and traditional foreign vocabulary presented in the modern German
Other Software by developer «Troy Simpson»:
Comments on WordNetCE Smartphone:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if WordNetCE Smartphone supports it