The Nintendo Wii homebrew application WriteELF was coded by cybermind and was aimed to allow users to write ELF files on their SD cards using their PC units. This particular program is currently on version 1.6.
Now Spanish homebrew developer TioSolid created a new program aptly named WriteELF GUI that makes the use of cybermind's program a lot easier. To be able to use this, one would need first to secure a copy of Microsoft's .NET runtimes.
Anyway, renowned member of the homebrew community brakken provided the following step-by-step instruction on how to make WriteELF GUI work for you:
How to use it:
1. To use this program, you need to download a copy of the WriteELF program first.
2. Extract the writeelf.exe file to the same folder as the WriteELF GUI program.
3. Connect the SD Card to your computer.
4. Open the program. Choose the .ELF file and choose the drive where the .ELF file will be written.
5. If needed, you can choose the -z option to clean the SD Card before writing the ELF file (the SD Card WILL NOT be formatted, only their first sectors will be cleaned).
6. Click on the GO button. A new window will pop up. Wait until the writing process finishes.
When attempting to use WriteELF GUI, be sure that you know exactly what you are doing to avoid any problems.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Open-Source Apploader Team Twiizers, who have always been anti-piracy, have found a compromise to the legal issues surrounding ISO loading, and have released an Open-Source Apploader that will let you load homebrew from DVD
DOP-Mii A new version of DOP-Mii, a feature-pack system tool for your Wii that allows you to install Channels, System Menu and IOS' all in one go without the option of patching or the forced need to have a patched IOS to use the program
ModMii Wii developer xFlak has released an update to his software hack for the Wii known as ModMii and this is version 6
OpenWii2.4 Setup PAL Nintendo Wii homebrew developer andii has announced the release of a new build for the open-source modchip OpenWii, bumping the project up to version 2
GeckoReader & libgeck GeckoReader is a program to be run under Windows that will open a command prompt and output what it reads from a USB gecko
Homebrew Channel The latest build for the Homebrew Channel for the Wii is at Beta 8, and Team Twiizer's update has made the HBC installer a bit more proactive in determining the status of your Nintendo Wii's System Menu
WriteELF Brakken has announced the release of WriteELF, an application from cybermind that allows users to write ELF files to their SD card
Betwiin Betwiin is a tool that will let you convert NAND dumps from one Wii to run on another